Single or not?

  • Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
  • #76
67
0
franznietzsche said:
I wasn't making fun of his language. I was afraid of the communist part.

Not you, it was directed to smurf, i say "dudes" so no body will feel a pressure of personal critism or disagreement.

Sorry for the misunderstanding occurs :cry:
 
  • #77
420
2
JasonRox said:
I must agree with getting the wrong girls all the time.

I meet lots of cool ones but I would have to say none of them fit my description, which is a flexible one.

As a math major, it is very hard to meet girls that will accept a math guy. Most of the time they will try and poorly convince you that other programs are better or math is a waste of time.

I'm not saying they wouldn't go out with me, but to talk and have conversations that, in my opinion, are lame is not what I am looking for.

Sounds a bit like me. All the cool ones I've met already have boyfriends so I'm already screwed there.

I'm also a math major, but I'm also dual majoring in computer science, so the girls think I'm doubly weird.

My biggest problem, I know, is that I just don't ask girls out. Other than the two I've told y'all about.
 
  • #78
Chrono said:
I'm also a math major, but I'm also dual majoring in computer science, so the girls think I'm doubly weird.

Hey hey, being a geek is cool now! You should be proud of your major
 
  • #79
91
0
:grumpy: Very clever Propro, passing a seemingly innocent comment in an all-singles thread when we all know you have been claimed, good try. :biggrin:
 
  • #80
420
2
The_Professional said:
Hey hey, being a geek is cool now! You should be proud of your major

Don't worry. I've been at it for three years now, I'm definitely not changing it just to get the girls. Besides, they may think I'm weird now, just wait until I get me a good job. I don't think it's weird to get a good paycheck.
 
  • #81
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,558
53
Chrono said:
Don't worry. I've been at it for three years now, I'm definitely not changing it just to get the girls. Besides, they may think I'm weird now, just wait until I get me a good job. I don't think it's weird to get a good paycheck.

There's always hope. Even Bill Gates found a wife...she's probably enjoying the last laugh mocking all those cheerleaders who refused to date a nerd (yeah, he's not a geek, he's a nerd, I'm positive about that).
 
  • #82
1,103
0
I used to think I was a geek and a nerd but apparently I am neither. Strange to me. :rofl: Especially now I am not single. :tongue2:

The Bob (2004 ©)
 
  • #83
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,323
3
I love math more than girls, so that's a problem.
 
  • #84
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,558
53
JasonRox said:
I love math more than girls, so that's a problem.

Not really a problem as long as you can find math. It will make it easier to not mind being single.
 
  • #85
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,323
3
I don't mind being single at all.

Right now, all I want is someone to communicate with about mathematics in person. I have a friend who I talk to at school, but he's more into computers. We talk about math and all, but that's different because I would like to do Pure Math and talk with someone with similiar interests.

Since I'm doing the Micheal Spivak Calculus textbook, I thought it would be nice to have someone else go through it with me. Girl or guy at this point anyways. Although I talk to the prof and he's giving me directions, I would still just like some sort of math club where everyone gets together and discusses particular problems relating to a chapter/section or problem.

By the way, anyone know any good Linear Algebra texts? I'm reading an online text and its doing fine. It happens to be much better than the one at school. I was also wondering how far in Linear Algebra should I go before do Abstract Algebra? The text goes all the way to Linear Transformations, Eigenvalues, and Complex Inner Product Spaces.

I figured I'd just ask.

I wouldn't mind something to play with on New Year's. :)
 
  • #86
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,558
53
JasonRox said:
I wouldn't mind something to play with on New Year's. :)

Don't feel too bad about it. Somehow I've managed to NEVER have a date on New Year's and I've survived. I don't really know why that is, just always seem to either break up with guys before New Years or don't start dating them until after...I guess that means I've never lasted a full year, huh? Well, I did with one, but he was spending New Years with his OTHER girlfriend...you'd have thought I'd have caught on when he was always busy for New Years and I wasn't asked to join him. :grumpy: That's what I get for letting him do his own thing without questioning it.
 
  • #87
JasonRox said:
By the way, anyone know any good Linear Algebra texts? I'm reading an online text and its doing fine. It happens to be much better than the one at school. I was also wondering how far in Linear Algebra should I go before do Abstract Algebra? The text goes all the way to Linear Transformations, Eigenvalues, and Complex Inner Product Spaces.

I figured I'd just ask.


I wouldn't mind something to play with on New Year's. :)

And I thought you were talking about Linear Algebra
 
  • #88
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,566
30
Moonbear said:
Don't feel too bad about it. Somehow I've managed to NEVER have a date on New Year's and I've survived. I don't really know why that is, just always seem to either break up with guys before New Years or don't start dating them until after...I guess that means I've never lasted a full year, huh? Well, I did with one, but he was spending New Years with his OTHER girlfriend...you'd have thought I'd have caught on when he was always busy for New Years and I wasn't asked to join him. :grumpy: That's what I get for letting him do his own thing without questioning it.
I don't stress too much about New Year's but there's that one awful day in the middle of February that, as a single gal, fills me with absolute dread.
Maybe I'll go to Vegas this year when that day rolls around. It's really hard to not have a good time in Vegas. Wanna come with, Moonbear? We'll find some trouble to get into. :devil: :biggrin: It'll be a hoot!
 
  • #89
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,558
53
Math Is Hard said:
I don't stress too much about New Year's but there's that one awful day in the middle of February that, as a single gal, fills me with absolute dread.
Maybe I'll go to Vegas this year when that day rolls around. It's really hard to not have a good time in Vegas. Wanna come with, Moonbear? We'll find some trouble to get into. :devil: :biggrin: It'll be a hoot!

Woo hoo! Valentine's trip to Vegas! I guess I'm not good at having dates for V-day either. Once, back in high school I did...that's about it. But that's usually my fault. One of the conferences I attend always has an abstract deadline on Feb 15, so guess what I'm doing all night on Feb 14? :grumpy: I actually commented about this once to one of the society officers and who knew that somehow nobody had ever thought to just change it? Now the deadline is a day or two different. :biggrin:

Though, V-day has never been such a big deal to me. Do you really need a special day to tell someone you love them?
 
  • #90
1,430
5
Moonbear said:
Woo hoo! Valentine's trip to Vegas! I guess I'm not good at having dates for V-day either. Once, back in high school I did...that's about it. But that's usually my fault. One of the conferences I attend always has an abstract deadline on Feb 15, so guess what I'm doing all night on Feb 14? :grumpy: I actually commented about this once to one of the society officers and who knew that somehow nobody had ever thought to just change it? Now the deadline is a day or two different. :biggrin:

Though, V-day has never been such a big deal to me. Do you really need a special day to tell someone you love them?

No, but people seem to need a specialday to tell me so.
 
  • #91
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,323
3
I'm 21 and I know what you mean by surviving so far. It really doesn't bother me at all.

Yes, I did mean do math...

ADD the bed...SUBSTRACT the clothes...DIVIDE the legs, now let's MULTIPLY.
 
  • #92
420
2
Moonbear said:
Though, V-day has never been such a big deal to me. Do you really need a special day to tell someone you love them?

I'm going to start using that day to be extra nice to the ladies I know (as if I wasn't nice enough). I figured I may just buy some Valentine's candy and just hand it out to them on that day or the day before.
 
  • #93
67
0
Yo JasonRex, do not forget to getthe square root, it's REALLY important :rofl:
 
  • #94
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,566
30
Chrono said:
I'm going to start using that day to be extra nice to the ladies I know (as if I wasn't nice enough). I figured I may just buy some Valentine's candy and just hand it out to them on that day or the day before.
You are such a sweet and thoughtful person. I remember one valentine's day, one of my math teachers brought in little tiny gift bags of candy for the gals in our class. I thought that was so nice. :smile:
 
  • #95
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,323
3
Math Is Hard said:
You are such a sweet and thoughtful person. I remember one valentine's day, one of my math teachers brought in little tiny gift bags of candy for the gals in our class. I thought that was so nice. :smile:

:mad: Totally not fair. :mad:
 
  • #96
420
2
Math Is Hard said:
You are such a sweet and thoughtful person. I remember one valentine's day, one of my math teachers brought in little tiny gift bags of candy for the gals in our class. I thought that was so nice. :smile:

I figured they would like it. I'd do something more creative but I don't seem to think that way very much.
 
  • #97
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,566
30
JasonRox said:
:mad: Totally not fair. :mad:

and then he gave all the boys a really hard pop quiz. so they got something, too! :rofl:
 
  • #98
67
0
Will my first date was in Val-day this year, after that i did need any more dates, just "go out".

Actually, after some earthquakes happened [being a mountian, thus not a big effect] i guess it will be my last date...EVER.

I am dating my math book, and cheating in his back with my physics book :rofl: they both think it is ok, unsless i am not honest with them
 
  • #99
67
0
Math Is Hard said:
and then he gave all the boys a really hard pop quiz. so they got something, too! :rofl:

He is actually teaching art in this way, this picture is a metaphore of:

Girls have sweet life, and we guys got the hard tests in dating and the surprise relplies :cry:
 
  • #100
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,566
30
Moses said:
He is actually teaching art in this way, this picture is a metaphore of:

Girls have sweet life, and we guys got the hard tests in dating and the surprise relplies :cry:
A+ for you, Moses. You catch on fast! :biggrin:
 

Related Threads on Single or not?

Replies
13
Views
3K
Replies
347
Views
23K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
29
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
18
Views
5K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
4
Replies
95
Views
10K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
799
  • Poll
  • Last Post
Replies
21
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
2K
Top