Single or not?

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I was in grad school, a couple of us single gals got together one year and headed to the chocolate shop on Valentine's day. We bought each other a piece of chocolate, and then we could all say someone bought us candy on Valentine's day that year. :approve:

Valentine's day is also sort of depressing for me because that's the day my father was buried when I was only 14. He used to always buy a little present and box of chocolates for my sister and me for Valentine's day. He had gotten the chocolates for us before he died, so after the funeral, my mom gave my sister and me the boxes of chocolate he had gotten for us. Little red, heart-shaped boxes of chocolate remind me of that. (But those gold boxes of Godiva chocolates are just fine :biggrin:).

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
aw, Moonbear, that's so sad - about your Dad. I'm sorry. (I am getting all teary now).
*sniff* That is a very touching story about the chocolates.
we must have a good v-day this year. See if you can get them to hold that conference in Vegas. I'll help you with your circadium rhythms research, ok? - I won't sleep the whole time we're in Vegas, I promise. Then you can measure what effect lack of sleep has on my luck at blackjack. What a great idea for a study, huh? I bet there's big grant money in that!