1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Single Phase ac circuit

1. Jul 13, 2009 #1
    Hi there

Im new to this site and i have noticed that you give advice to electronic questions. Presently im studing electronics and on some of my course work i am having some difficulty in understanding some of the questions. such as,

Q1
    A conductor 300mm long moves at a uniform speed of 4m/s at right-angles to a uniform magnetic field of flux density 1.25T. Determine the current flowing in the conductor when:

a) its end are open-circuited

b) its ends are connected to a load of 20 ohm resistance

and,

Q2
    Calculate the e.m.f induced in a coil of inductance 12 H by a current changing at the rate of 4 A/s

Any advice or helpfull sites to visit would be much appreciated,

Thanking you in advance

Rich

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to Physics Forums.

Since you didn't post your questions in the homework section, you're unaware of our policy on this type of question (not your fault).

Can you provide:

A. any equations from your class lectures or text book that appear to be relevant to solving the problems, and

B. provide your thoughts or attempt at solving the problems (doesn't have to lead to a final solution)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook