Singularity (Wikipedia and Mathworld definitions)

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
P.S. You say I'm not allowed to "speculate unscientifically," however all science begins with theory and, if the definition of theory is:

"a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact."

... and if the definition of "conjecture" is:

"the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof."

Then I guess every post on these boards is based on premises that violate its Terms of Use.

I mean, I may be crap with Science, but I'm not bad with language.

Besides, even Marcus has explained concepts to me that he admits are still merely theory. Maybe you should warn him to stop talking about anything but scientifically proven facts, as well.

pervect
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
OK, I think everyone has had their questions answered, and the thread is starting to veer off into a discussion of personal theories. So I'm going to lock it.

In case there are any questions as to why I'm locking it, here is a link to the guidelines:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374

It is against our Posting Guidelines to discuss, in most of the PF forums, new or non-mainstream theories or ideas that have not been published in professional peer-reviewed journals or are not part of current professional mainstream scientific discussion.
The thread has veered off too much in the direction of discussing MediumBang's personal theories to really be appropriate for the cosmology forum - I don't think it meets our formal guidelines. (We could possibly give it a little more leeway in other forums, but I think most of the issues have been addressed, so I don't think I'm causing any undue hardship by locking it now).

Last edited: