Do You Need a Website for Problem Solving?

In summary: I don't recommend self teaching because you'll likely forget everything and it'll take even longer, but a book would be a perfectly reasonable step in the right direction. Thanks for your input!One of those massive shiny calculus texts (Larson I think) should have enough material in there to sharpen your skills for well over a year. I don't recommend self teaching because you'll likely forget everything and it'll take even longer, but a book would be a perfectly reasonable step in the right direction. Thanks for your input!
Nano-Passion
I would like a site that would challenge my mind. So far I have taken pre-calculus and I took physics I back in high school. I have to take physics again after this semester though -.-.

Specifically something that could challenge me with math and physics. Please, I'm dying to problem solve!

Many thanks in advance. :!)

Physics news on Phys.org
What i would recommend is for you to check out a self-teach book, for you, it would be Calculus 1. It is the best way to advance your skills prior to math, especially if your errand is to become a mathematician.

leontd said:
What i would recommend is for you to check out a self-teach book, for you, it would be Calculus 1. It is the best way to advance your skills prior to math, especially if your errand is to become a mathematician.

Well, my passion is to be a physicist. I love solving problems that relate to physics or the real world.

I don't know if I should self-teach myself Calculus, I rather go along with the course next semester. What I am interested in is perfecting my previous math skill so that I have an encompassing base of knowledge. I like to make sure I completely understand every single concept and why it is the way it is.

Nano-Passion said:
Well, my passion is to be a physicist. I love solving problems that relate to physics or the real world.

I don't know if I should self-teach myself Calculus, I rather go along with the course next semester. What I am interested in is perfecting my previous math skill so that I have an encompassing base of knowledge. I like to make sure I completely understand every single concept and why it is the way it is.

Here's a perfect website for that : http://www.khanacademy.org/
Good luck!

leontd said:
Here's a perfect website for that : http://www.khanacademy.org/
Good luck!

Thanks but that site tend to keep things too simple. And it doesn't have anything relating to physics at all. It only goes up to pretty much pre-calculus.

Uh, have you actually browsed the videos? Plenty of em on physics, university level calculus and linear algebra.

One of those massive shiny calculus texts (Larson I think) should have enough material in there to sharpen your skills for well over a year.

1. What is a site for problem solving?

A site for problem solving is a platform or website that provides resources, tools, and techniques to help individuals or groups solve problems effectively. It can range from online communities and forums to specific software or applications designed for problem-solving purposes.

2. What types of problems can be solved on a problem solving site?

Problem solving sites can address a wide range of problems, including academic, personal, professional, and technical issues. They can also cover a variety of topics such as math, science, coding, relationship, and time management.

3. How can I benefit from using a problem solving site?

Using a problem solving site can offer several benefits, such as gaining new perspectives, learning new problem-solving techniques, collaborating with others, and improving critical thinking skills. It can also save time and effort in finding solutions to complex problems.

4. Are problem solving sites reliable?

The reliability of problem solving sites depends on the platform and its resources. It is essential to assess the credibility of the information and solutions provided on the site and to cross-reference with other sources. It is also helpful to read reviews and feedback from other users to determine the site's reliability.

5. Can I contribute to a problem solving site?

Yes, most problem solving sites allow users to contribute by sharing their knowledge, skills, and experiences in solving specific problems. It can be through participating in discussions, providing feedback, or contributing to the site's resources. Some sites also offer the option to create and share your own problem-solving content.