Ownership of Scientific Forums - Get Answers Now

• Thread starter Persefone
  • Start date
In summary: Basically, Persefone is asking if the person can provide any other scientific forums owned by them, besides physicsforums.com.In summary, Persefone is asking if there are any other scientific forums owned by the person besides physicsforums.com and if so, could they provide their addresses. The person responds that physicsforums.com is the only scientific forum in their network and they are not familiar with advanced physics forums. The conversation then shifts to personal information about the person's studies and gender, but the original question remains unanswered.
Persefone
Is there any possibility that I can obtain answers from "exactly how many scientific forums are you owning except physicsforums.com ? and could you also tell their addresses" ?

I am sure that there would be no hessitations to tell other people that "we are the owners of this.this.that.that..etc ", right ?

Thank you,

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
This is the only scientific forum in the network.

yeah right, whatever...

try Advanced Physicsforums...do i need to provide a link ?

marlon

marlon said:
yeah right, whatever...

try Advanced Physicsforums...do i need to provide a link ?

marlon

Since when has advanced physics forums been part of my network?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Since when has advanced physics forums been part of my network?

since when is 'the network' your network ?

marlon

marlon said:
since when is 'the network' your network ?

marlon

I think we are interpreting what Persefone is asking differently. Since Persefone posted this message in the feedback forum I took it as Persefone asking what scientific forums I own within my personal network other than physicsforums.com.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
I think we are interpreting what Persefone is asking differently. Since Persefone posted this message in the feedback forum I took it as Persefone asking what scientific forums I own other than physicsforums.com

i see, sorry for the misinterpretation from my part...my fault...

Greg, can i ask you what it is you study and where ? Or have you already finished college and if so what do you do in real life ?

I never got to know you really well and i think that should change...

I am 25, very beautifull :rolleyes: , and a phd student in physics at IMEC (check out the link in my public profile to see where i 'work'). I work on high k dielectrics and defect modelling with ab initio calculations alla DFT 'and friends'

regards
marlon

I am 25, very beautifull

From what little I know of Greg, I am positively sure he is not gay. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hahaha...

:smile:

klusener said:
From what little I know of Greg, I am positively sure he is not gay. :biggrin:

who ever said i am a guy ?

marlon

marlon said:
Are you implying that my desktop photo is a lesbian?

Danger said:
Are you implying that my desktop photo is a lesbian?

errr, do i need to answer this question ?

marlon

runs, runs, runs,...,gone

marlon said:

marlon
No, no-one as far as i have read the thread, but trust me, after I glance at what you have posted around, "you are not man enough" is my conclusion.

marlon said:
errr, do i need to answer this question ?

marlon

runs, runs, runs,...,gone
You've already answered the question! :uhh:

Lisa! said:
You've already answered the question! :uhh:

really ? :rolleyes:

marlon

I think we've gone astray from the OP.

1. What does it mean to own a scientific forum?

Owning a scientific forum means that you have control over the content and administration of the forum. This includes deciding on the rules and guidelines, moderating discussions, and managing the technical aspects of the forum.

2. Why is owning a scientific forum important?

Owning a scientific forum allows for a more structured and organized platform for sharing and discussing scientific information. It also ensures that the information being shared is reliable and accurate, as the owner has the ability to moderate and fact-check content.

3. How can one become the owner of a scientific forum?

One can become the owner of a scientific forum by creating their own forum or by being appointed as the owner by the current owner. This can also be achieved by purchasing an existing forum from the current owner.

4. What are the responsibilities of owning a scientific forum?

The responsibilities of owning a scientific forum include maintaining the forum's rules and guidelines, moderating discussions to ensure they align with the forum's purpose and standards, and managing the technical aspects of the forum such as updates and security.

5. Are there any potential challenges in owning a scientific forum?

Yes, some potential challenges of owning a scientific forum include managing conflicts between members, dealing with spam or inappropriate content, and ensuring the forum stays relevant and active. It also requires a significant time commitment and continuous effort to maintain the forum's quality and reputation.