Sites with IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy?

In summary, IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy are used in scientific research to identify and analyze the chemical structure and composition of molecules. IR spectroscopy measures the absorption of infrared light by a molecule, while 1H NMR measures the absorption of radio waves by hydrogen atoms and 13C NMR measures the absorption of radio waves by carbon atoms. Mass spectrometry is used to confirm the identity and structure of a molecule determined by IR and NMR spectroscopy. These techniques are commonly used in fields such as organic chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical research.
FlipStyle1308
[SOLVED] Sites with IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy?

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can look at IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy (sites or programs). I'd like to be able to input the name of an organic compound and be able to see these spectra. Thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I believe you want the SDBS database.

Thank you!

Thank you, Gokul43201. I was looking for the same kind of database.

Sil

1. What is the purpose of IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy in scientific research?

These techniques are used to identify and analyze the chemical structure and composition of molecules. They provide information about the types of bonds present, the functional groups, and the overall structure of a molecule.

2. How does IR spectroscopy work?

IR spectroscopy measures the absorption of infrared light by a molecule. Different functional groups and bonds absorb light at specific wavelengths, allowing for identification and characterization of the molecule.

3. What is the difference between 1H NMR and 13C NMR?

1H NMR measures the absorption of radio waves by hydrogen atoms, while 13C NMR measures the absorption of radio waves by carbon atoms. 13C NMR is less sensitive and provides less detailed information, but can be useful for analyzing molecules with a high number of hydrogen atoms.

4. How is mass spectrometry used in conjunction with other spectroscopic techniques?

Mass spectrometry provides information about the mass and fragmentation of a molecule, which can be used to confirm the identity and structure of a molecule determined by IR and NMR spectroscopy.

5. What are some common applications of IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, and mass spectroscopy?

These techniques are commonly used in fields such as organic chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmaceutical research. They can be used to identify and analyze the composition of unknown compounds, determine the purity of a sample, and monitor chemical reactions.