Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sites with Math/Physics problems

1. Oct 22, 2013 #1
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a site like brilliant.org or better yet, projecteuler.net. This last one is directed to solving problems by using a computer.

I'm looking for a site like projecteuler, with problems answerable by hand/pencil.

Does anyone know of a site like that? It could also be a book, if there isn't any good site.

EDIT: This is not supposed to be on academic guidance. I already reported this thread, to be moved to the right forum.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2013 #2
    Pro tip: Universities in England are completely open, you can walk into any lecture, take copies of lecture notes / problem sheets, sit down and watch the lecture just like all the students who pay. The only downside being that you can't get a lecturer to mark your work (obviously) and you don't get a degree (obviously) but it's by far the best free way to get a 'university education'

Best of luck!

4. Oct 22, 2013 #3
    What? No. I'm already working on my "university education". I'm a physics major.

5. Oct 22, 2013 #4
  6. Oct 22, 2013 #5
    For books, you can look for Problems in General Physics by I.E.Irodov. Its quite challenging.

7. Oct 30, 2013 #6
    I just troll around google for pdfs of hw/exams from different universities...
    filetype:pdf/ps <topic> hw/ assignment/ lectures

The Schaum series is good for practice too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook