Skateboard Accident: Dealing with Pain and Loss

In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who injured their wrist while skateboarding and is seeking advice on how to handle the pain and swelling. They are reluctant to see a doctor and are in denial about the seriousness of their injury. The conversation ends with the moderator locking the thread and wishing the person a speedy recovery.
DiracPool
I haven't skateboarded since the late 70's with the Dog town and Z-boyz.

I'm typing with my left hand, my right hand is killing me. The wrist. its all swollen. it's horrible, all swollen. Bad accicent at skateboard park. it's gross, it's all pffed up a\nd i can't move it, this sucks.

yu don't know whst you got till it's gone, Now i see sll these people with fully functioning wrights and I'm jeleous.

Can anyone help me get through tonight? It's not so bsd tht I have to go ER TONIGHT

Biology news on Phys.org
If it's that bad, you should ice it down and get to the ER. See a doctor.

Borg said:
If it's that bad, you should ice it down and get to the ER. See a doctor.

Yeah, iced it down eralier for 3 hours but it just keeps sweliing up.

I dn't think there are any broken bones, though, just ligamrnt tearng.

You need to see a doctor as soon as reasonably possible. Other than icing it and taking some painkiller, there's not much anyone else can do.

Likes DiracPool
You know that we can't give medical advice on the forum. It really sounds like you should see a doctor.

Yeah, I know. I think there's something stupid in our minds that goes on when we do something stupid and just want to deny it. Even so, I'm going to keep on denying it until I wake up with a vodka hngover tomorrow and see how it is. Wish me luck

Borg said:
You know that we can't give medical advice on the forum. It really sounds like you should see a doctor.

Indeed. I'm sorry Dirac, but I'm going to have to lock this thread. May your recovery be swift and your pain be light!

Likes DiracPool

1. How common are skateboard accidents?

Skateboard accidents are relatively common, with millions of injuries reported each year. In the United States alone, there are approximately 50,000 emergency room visits due to skateboard-related injuries annually.

2. What are the most common injuries from skateboard accidents?

The most common injuries from skateboard accidents include fractures, sprains, cuts and bruises, head injuries, and dental injuries. These injuries can range from minor to severe and may require medical attention.

3. How can I deal with the physical pain from a skateboard accident?

If you have been injured in a skateboard accident, it is important to seek medical attention to properly treat any physical pain. This may include taking pain medication, receiving physical therapy, or undergoing surgery for more severe injuries. It is also important to rest and allow your body time to heal.

4. How can I cope with the emotional and mental toll of a skateboard accident?

A skateboard accident can be a traumatic experience, leading to feelings of fear, anxiety, and sadness. It is important to seek support from friends and family, and to talk to a therapist if needed. Engaging in activities that bring you joy and practicing self-care can also help with coping.

5. How can I prevent future skateboard accidents?

To prevent future skateboard accidents, it is important to always wear proper safety gear, including a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads. It is also essential to skateboard in designated areas and to follow traffic laws. Practicing and mastering basic skateboarding skills can also help reduce the risk of accidents.

Back