Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Skateboard accident

1. Apr 18, 2016 #1
    I haven't skateboarded since the late 70's with the Dog town and Z-boyz.

I'm typing with my left hand, my right hand is killing me. The wrist. its all swollen. it's horrible, all swollen. Bad accicent at skateboard park. it's gross, it's all pffed up a\nd i can't move it, this sucks.

yu don't know whst you got till it's gone, Now i see sll these people with fully functioning wrights and i'm jeleous.

Can anyone help me get through tonight? It's not so bsd tht I have to go ER TONIGHT

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2016 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If it's that bad, you should ice it down and get to the ER. See a doctor.

4. Apr 18, 2016 #3
    Yeah, iced it down eralier for 3 hours but it just keeps sweliing up.

I dn't think there are any broken bones, though, just ligamrnt tearng.

5. Apr 18, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

You need to see a doctor as soon as reasonably possible. Other than icing it and taking some painkiller, there's not much anyone else can do.

6. Apr 18, 2016 #5

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You know that we can't give medical advice on the forum. It really sounds like you should see a doctor.

7. Apr 18, 2016 #6
    Yeah, I know. I think there's something stupid in our minds that goes on when we do something stupid and just want to deny it. Even so, I'm going to keep on denying it until I wake up with a vodka hngover tomorrow and see how it is. Wish me luck

8. Apr 18, 2016 #7

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Indeed. I'm sorry Dirac, but I'm going to have to lock this thread. May your recovery be swift and your pain be light!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook