Sketch Graphs: Struggling with Blue Highlighted Part

• Thread starter gomes.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, The conversation is about how to sketch two graphs, one with a little "x" at the point (0, 1/2) and the other with a dot and circle around it. It is suggested to repeat this for a few periods and to use crosses instead of circles for easier drawing. The size of the circle should be similar to the wonky circles already drawn.
gomes.
Im meant to sketch these 2 graphs, but i can't seem to know what to do with the part highlighted in blue.

And I am think then I am meant to draw it for a few periods. But i can't continue because i don't know how to draw the part in blue?

Attachments

• igbibubiubuibiubiu.jpg
    igbibubiubuibiubiu.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 318
Physics news on Phys.org
hi gomes! :wink:

for the left-hand graph, just draw a little "x" at the position (0, 1/2) :smile:

it's understood that only the point at the centre of the "x" is actually meant! :wink:

(and then repeat for a few periods, as you say)

(oh, i think some people draw a dot with a circle round it instead)

thanks! And how big should the circle be? If i where to do it that way?

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 334
about the size you've done them :smile:

but your circles are so wonky, i think you should go for the crosses … they're easier to draw! :wink:

1. What is a sketch graph?

A sketch graph is a visual representation of data plotted on a coordinate plane. It is used to show the relationship between two variables and to identify patterns or trends in the data.

2. How do I read a sketch graph?

To read a sketch graph, start by looking at the horizontal and vertical axes. These represent the two variables being compared. Then, locate the data points plotted on the graph and connect them with a line or curve. Finally, analyze the shape and direction of the line or curve to interpret the data.

3. What is the blue highlighted part on a sketch graph?

The blue highlighted part on a sketch graph typically represents a specific area or range of data that is being emphasized. This could be a particular section of the graph that is of interest or importance, or it could be used to show a specific trend or pattern within the data.

4. How do I determine the slope of a sketch graph?

To determine the slope of a sketch graph, you can use the rise over run method. This involves selecting two points on the graph and calculating the change in the y-values (rise) over the change in the x-values (run) between those two points. The slope is then represented as a ratio, such as 2:1 or 1/2, or as a decimal or percentage.

5. What are some common mistakes when interpreting sketch graphs?

Some common mistakes when interpreting sketch graphs include misreading the axes, incorrect labeling of data points, and not considering the scale or units of measurement used on the graph. It is important to pay attention to all the details on a sketch graph and to double-check your interpretations to avoid these errors.