1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sketching the electric fields

1. Nov 1, 2008 #1
    If anyone would like a go at this problem, they can just attach a paint file or something or send it to my e-mail:

Heres the problem:
    9. Three small, negatively charged spheres are located at the vertical of an equilateral triangle. If the magnitudes of the charges are equal, sketch the electric field in the region around this charge distribution, including the space inside the triangle.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's not the way it works here: we'll help you with your homework, but we won't do it for you.

It's also not a good idea to post your personal e-mail address on internet forums.
  4. Nov 1, 2008 #3
    This is not homework. This is going through a textbook for an exam i have at the end of the year. Its basically teach yourself and i dont have a teacher to ask and i dont know where to start with this problem.. All i know is that the electrical field lines are driven away from positively charged source charges and toward negatively charged source charges. Now i dont know where to begin because all of the fields would be drawn going inwards towards the negaively charged spheres. Would they ever touch, i dont know? Im just confused all together.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?