Secrets of Skull & Bones: Uncovering the Mysterious Society

• Thread starter rickp
  • Start date
In summary, the organization is mysterious and some people believe in it, while others think it's just a fraternity for the rich. There is speculation about what goes on in the society, but it mostly amounts to rumors. John Kerry and George W. Bush are both members.
rickp
Im sure some of you guys have heard of this extraordinary story on Skull and Bones.

Thing is, do u guys believe in this kind of stuff, if u don't know who they are. here are some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have heard of the organization. I have also heard that George W. is a member. I continued with the research and discovered much more information worth reading.

When I was a freshman at Yale, in 1977-78, I would often walk by the Bones tomb. It has somewhat the feel of an Egyptian Pyramid, simple in its mausoleum geometry, and without adornments. Many of the underclass dream of eventually getting "tapped," a touch on the shoulder which inquires whether the selected wishes to join. Chosen captains of industry, government and financing have belonged to Skull & Bones.

What drives its "secrecy," though, are the rituals and plotting that supposedly take place within. Much more rumor than fact, speculation than actuality, exist about the charm and proceedings of the society. My guess is that it is not much different than other secret societies. Members want to feel more special or elite than others - indeed, they have already grown up in privilege; most are quite talented and intelligent. (Most, G.W.) It is quite possible, although uncertain, that I knew a Bonesman-to-be on the Old (freshman) campus at Yale.

Potential said:
I have heard of the organization. I have also heard that George W. is a member. I continued with the research and discovered much more information worth reading.

Sen. John Kerry is a Bonesman, as well. I remember hearing this when he was running against W.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/02/60minutes/main576332.shtml

Bah! The mantra of "secret societies dominating the world" can NEVER be subjected to a rigorous analysis because secret socities are, by definition, secret. Who would of have ever guessed that the pecadilloes of Ivy League collegians would have people yelling "conspiracy!'

Why doesn't some just go in there, place some secret recording devices, and find out what's really going on?

Jeez, it's you didn't watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192614/" at all. Doing that ends up with a dreamy Joshua Jackson getting into an old fashioned duel with even more dreamy Paul Walker while your long-time best friend and former newpaper writer is dead while a congressman tries to cover the murder up.

Um...spoiler alert.

Last edited by a moderator:
minger said:
Um...spoiler alert.

You know we have spoiler tags right? ;-)

I've always suspected it was nothing more than a fraternity for the rich snobby kids. They make it seem important with all the secrecy, but once behind closed doors, probably play the same drinking games as anyone else. Sure they go on to great things, because they're already from well-connected families. *shrugs*

this extraordinary storyrequires 'extraordinary' proof.
I'm reading... go for it.
Please provide the sources.

TheStatutoryApe said:
You know we have spoiler tags right? ;-)

I know. The movie is like 10 years old or so, so I was just trying to be silly.

Some members are more like Numbskulls & Boneheads.

1. What is Skull & Bones?

Skull & Bones is a secret society based at Yale University in the United States. It was founded in 1832 and is known for its membership of influential and powerful individuals.

2. How does one become a member of Skull & Bones?

Membership in Skull & Bones is highly exclusive and by invitation only. Members are typically selected from the senior class at Yale University and are chosen based on their academic and social standing.

3. What are some of the rituals and traditions of Skull & Bones?

The rituals and traditions of Skull & Bones are shrouded in secrecy, but some rumored practices include initiation ceremonies involving coffins and skulls, and the sharing of personal secrets as a form of bonding.

4. Is there any evidence of Skull & Bones' influence on world events?

There are many theories and speculations about the influence of Skull & Bones on world events, but there is no concrete evidence to support these claims. However, it is known that many prominent politicians, business leaders, and other influential figures have been members of the society.

5. How has Skull & Bones responded to the public's curiosity and criticism?

Skull & Bones has largely remained secretive and has not responded directly to public curiosity and criticism. However, some members have spoken out about their experiences in the society, and there have been several books and articles written about the organization.