What do I need to know for my upcoming Skype meeting?

• Thread starter phylotree
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, The conversation is about arranging a Skype meeting with a group of people from another company. The meeting is scheduled for Thu May 24 at 7pm in Bangkok and will take place on Skype. The organizer, Ms Jenifer Lopez, has requested confirmation of acceptance and the Skype ID for the meeting. The email address provided for the calendar is myemailaddress@gmail.com. The link to a map after "Skype connection" may be a link to a European map, but the speaker is unsure of its purpose. The speaker has accepted the invitation and provided their Skype ID to the organizer, but has not received a confirmation note back. The speaker is unsure of what to do and the conversation ends with a suggestion to email the organizer for
phylotree
I have a skype meeting with some guys from another company. I am given the following information

Please kindly inform your acceptance on calendar and skype id for our arrangement.
When
Thu May 24 7pm – 7:20pm Bangkok
Where
Skype connection (map)
Calendar
myemailaddress@gmail.com
Who

Ms Jenifer Lopez - organizer

Mr Greg King

myemailaddress@gmail.com

the [map] after "Skype connection" is a link to Europe google map and I am confused what to learn from that short message. I only know they would like to meet me via Skype tomorrow. I accepted the invitation and saw my emailaddress was added with a check mark in the map link. I also sent back the organizer my Skype ID, would that be enough to let them know I am in ?
[They haven't sent any confirmation note back, I am now in perplexity]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
wh not just email them back and ask?

You are failing at one of the most important skills required for a job... COMMUNICATION.

E-mail them back...

1. What technology or equipment do I need to have for a successful Skype meeting?

In order to participate in a Skype meeting, you will need a device with a built-in or external webcam, a microphone, and speakers. This can be a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Make sure your device meets the minimum system requirements for Skype, such as having a stable internet connection and the latest version of the Skype app.

2. Can I join a Skype meeting without downloading the app?

Yes, you can join a Skype meeting without downloading the app by joining through your web browser. However, the full features and functionality may not be available. It is recommended to download the app for the best experience.

3. How do I schedule a Skype meeting?

To schedule a Skype meeting, open the Skype app and click on the "Meet Now" button. Then, click on the calendar icon in the bottom left corner. This will open your Outlook calendar where you can enter the meeting details, such as the date, time, and participants. Once done, click on "Schedule Meeting" and the meeting invitation will be sent to the participants' email addresses.

4. Can I record a Skype meeting?

Yes, you can record a Skype meeting by clicking on the "More Options" button (three dots) during the meeting and selecting "Start recording". You will be notified that the meeting is being recorded and the recording will be saved to your computer after the meeting ends. Please make sure to inform all participants before recording the meeting.

5. How can I improve the quality of my Skype meeting?

To improve the quality of your Skype meeting, make sure you have a stable internet connection and close any unnecessary programs or tabs on your device. It is also recommended to use a headset or headphones with a microphone for better audio quality. If possible, try to join the meeting from a quiet and well-lit room to avoid any distractions or technical difficulties.