Managing Sleeping Disorder: Doctor-Prescribed Pills and Alternatives

• Medical
  • Thread starter jackson6612
  • Start date
In summary, the individual has a severe sleeping disorder and has consulted two doctors who both recommended waking early, exercising, and different sleeping pills, specifically Dormicum and Lexotanil. They have primarily used Dormicum but have experienced some negative side effects such as waking up multiple times during the night and a bad taste in the mouth. The individual is aware of the potential damage to their liver and only takes the pills with warm milk when necessary. They are seeking suggestions for alternative tablets, but it is advised to consult a doctor due to the potential risks involved.
jackson6612
You can say I have severe sleeping disorder. I have consulted two doctors and they said the same thing. Wake early and exercise; and each prescribed different sleeping pills: Dormicum (Midazolam) and Lexotanil (Bromazepam). Here I can get these pills even without prescription. I have used Dormicum the most. After taking it sometimes I would wake up several times during night and in the morning I had a bad tasting mouth and there was little hangover. By the way, I don't take these pills regularly - I know they can severely damage liver - I take them with warm milk only when it's must. Could please suggest some other tablet which could do the trick? I understand this is not the right place to ask this but hope you would help. Thanks a lot.

Biology news on Phys.org
What you're asking for is beyond the scope of what the PF guidelines allow. Especially with the possibility of liver damage - that's nothing to mess around with.

Please consult your doctor about this.

1. What is a sleeping disorder?

A sleeping disorder is a condition that affects a person's ability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or get restful sleep. It can be caused by a variety of factors, such as stress, medical conditions, or lifestyle habits.

2. What are doctor-prescribed pills for managing sleeping disorders?

Doctor-prescribed pills for sleeping disorders are medications that are specifically designed to help improve sleep. These may include sedatives, hypnotics, or antidepressants. They should only be taken under the guidance of a doctor, as they can have side effects and potential risks.

3. What are some alternatives to doctor-prescribed pills for managing sleeping disorders?

There are many alternatives to doctor-prescribed pills for managing sleeping disorders. These may include lifestyle changes such as improving sleep hygiene, cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, and natural supplements like melatonin. It is important to consult with a doctor before trying any alternative methods.

4. Are doctor-prescribed sleeping pills addictive?

Some doctor-prescribed sleeping pills can be addictive, especially if taken for an extended period of time. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and only take the medication as directed by a doctor. If you are concerned about the potential for addiction, talk to your doctor about alternative options.

5. Can I stop taking doctor-prescribed sleeping pills once my sleeping disorder improves?

It is important to discuss with a doctor before stopping the use of any prescribed medication. In some cases, it may be necessary to gradually reduce the dosage to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor can also provide guidance on how to maintain healthy sleep habits after discontinuing the use of sleeping pills.