Can Sleeping with Wet Hair Cause Insanity? The Truth Revealed!

• Thread starter dahoa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary, there is no scientific basis to suggest that sleeping with wet hair can cause someone to go insane. While it may be uncomfortable and lead to a cold or headache, there is no evidence to support this claim. It is important to take care of one's health and well-being, but worrying about something like this is not necessary. It is best to simply dry your hair before going to bed to avoid any potential discomfort.
dahoa
I always bath before I sleep and sometimes my short hair not so dry... is there a basis that one can go insane if one sleeps with wet hair? how?

Biology news on Phys.org
dahoa said:
I always bath before I sleep and sometimes my short hair not so dry... is there a basis that one can go insane if one sleeps with wet hair? how?
Really? This is something you're worried about? I seriously doubt that anyone has ever gone insane because they went to sleep with wet hair.

This is one of the nuttier things I've heard lately.

Likes Tom.G, BillTre and phinds
dahoa said:
If you actually worry about something so utterly far out, you may already be there :smile:

Likes BillTre
dahoa said:
Sorry, we are probably too late to help you. According to the PF rules (which are VERY strict), we can offer only this level of medical advice...

https://hips.hearstapps.com/mac.h-c...-1426787819-blowdry-mistakes.jpg?resize=768:*
landscape-1426787819-blowdry-mistakes.jpg

Attachments

• landscape-1426787819-blowdry-mistakes.jpg
    landscape-1426787819-blowdry-mistakes.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Likes BillTre and phinds

1. Can sleeping with wet hair really cause insanity?

There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that sleeping with wet hair can cause insanity. This is simply a myth that has been perpetuated over time.

2. What is the origin of the belief that sleeping with wet hair can cause insanity?

The belief likely stems from old wives' tales and superstitions. In the past, people believed that wet hair could lead to illness, and insanity was often associated with illness.

3. Is there any harm in sleeping with wet hair?

No, there is no harm in sleeping with wet hair. While it may be uncomfortable or lead to a bad hair day, it will not cause any physical or mental harm.

4. Can sleeping with wet hair cause other health issues?

There is no evidence to suggest that sleeping with wet hair can cause any other health issues. However, it is important to dry your hair thoroughly before going to bed to prevent any potential skin or scalp irritation.

5. How can I prevent wet hair from causing any problems while sleeping?

The best way to prevent any issues from sleeping with wet hair is to make sure your hair is fully dry before going to bed. You can also try using a towel or hair dryer to speed up the drying process.