Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Slightly intimidated novice

1. Nov 2, 2014 #1
    Hello there! I'm probably younger and less experienced/educated than most active members here, so it is with caution I come here now.
    I have never quite gotten the hang of the formalia surrounding these intro-posts and it's currently 02:40 in the morning so I might be writing wonkily.
    I'm currently studying first year of Swedish upper secondary at NatSci/NatSci/Maths (The Science programme with a http://norrareal.stockholm.se/sites/default/files/nanatma14_0.pdf [Broken] specific to my school). I hope to get a PhD in theoretical physics (Cosmology? Astrophysics? Particle physics? Complex systems? Don't know yet!) but the thought of a Teknologie Doktor (Engineering) or pure mathematics hasn't escaped me. Other interests include writing, philosophy and politics.
    I couldn't find but mentions of it, but is there a IRC room related to these forums?
    Hiya!

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2014 #2
    Welcome to the forums, WineRedPsy! There is no IRC channel related to these forums; however we have a chat which is open to all members on a Sunday (US time), and at all other times to those who have gold membership.

4. Nov 2, 2014 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Also, chat is social, questions and homework must be asked in the forums, not chat.

5. Nov 3, 2014 #4
    All rightie, thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook