Find the Slope of a Line: 4:2=2

• Thread starter Rabinow23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Line Slope
In summary, the formula for finding the slope of a line is rise/run. The given points for this problem are (-2, -1) and (3, 2), and the slope can be calculated by finding the vertical change (rise) and horizontal change (run) between these two points. The resulting slope is less than 1.
Rabinow23
Homework Statement
Find a slope of line?
Relevant Equations
The slope of a.line is 4:2=2
Homework Statement: Find a slope of line?
Homework Equations: The slope of a.line is 4:2=2

Can someone tell me if is right

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 185
Physics news on Phys.org
Rabinow23 said:
Homework Statement: Find a slope of line?

Can someone tell me if is right

Thanks
Are you asking about problem 5? If so, your answer is wrong. For the two points you marked, what is the rise (vertical change) and what is the run (horizontal run)?

I get a slope that is less than 1.

In the future, if you post an image, please make more of an effort to post a legible picture. The image you posted was photographed at and angle, and there is a crease in the paper, making it somewhat hard to read.

Can you explain where did you got 1from sir,please

Rabinow23 said:
Can you explain where did you got 1from sir,please
I said I got a number less than 1.

From your graph, it appears that the points you're using are (-2, -1) and (3, 2). You have labeled this points, but the image is too poor for me to read them -- I just counted squares on the grid.

If you know two points on a line, how do you find the slope of that line?

Sir thanks

Is it5:5=1

Rabinow23 said:
Is it5:5=1
No. Are you just guessing?
Do you know the formula for calculating the slope of the line between two points?

In your first post in this thread you wrote:
Rabinow23 said:
That is not the formula for the slope of a line.

I tried to enhance the image a bit:

1568312989066.png

Likes SammyS
Rabinow: Slope is given by rise/run. Can you figure it out?

Likes DifferentialGalois and berkeman

1. What is the slope of the line 4:2=2?

The slope of a line is the measure of the steepness or incline of the line. It is represented by the letter "m" in the slope-intercept form, y=mx+b. In this equation, 4:2=2, the slope is equal to 2.

2. How do you find the slope of a line?

The slope of a line can be found using the formula: (change in y / change in x). This is also known as the rise over run method. To find the slope, you need to choose two points on the line and calculate the change in y and change in x between those points. Then, divide the change in y by the change in x to get the slope.

3. Can the slope of a line be negative?

Yes, the slope of a line can be negative. A negative slope indicates that the line is decreasing from left to right, which means the y-values are decreasing as the x-values increase. In the equation 4:2=2, the slope is positive because the line is increasing.

4. What does a slope of 0 mean?

A slope of 0 means that the line is horizontal, and there is no change in y as the x-values increase. This can also be represented by a flat line with no incline. In the equation 4:2=2, the slope is 0.

5. Can the slope of a line be undefined?

Yes, the slope of a line can be undefined. This occurs when the line is vertical, and there is no change in x as the y-values increase. This can also be represented by a straight line with no run. In the equation 4:2=2, the slope is undefined.