Building Small Lifting Device with Kohree Motor

In summary, the device will need a motor and a shaft to move the weight. The motor should be connected to the weight using a pulley. The dimensions of the shaft and the box the motor will be housed in are not important.
reg326j
TL;DR Summary
Lift from a horizontal motor shaft
I am trying to build a device that will push up a small piece of wood (attached to a weight) from its’ base to support 10 pounds. I would only need to move 1 to 2 inches. My device would be about 1 - 2 feet wide. I would use perhaps this motor:

Kohree 12V DC Gear Motor 30RPM Small High Torque Electric Motor 37mm GearBox

I would want to mount the motor horizontally but this is where my problem begins. How could I move the wood weight up horizontally at a reasonable price? Perhaps using gears? I cannot use an actuator because the price would be prohibitive.

I was wondering if anyone could impart a rough solution. Even just a few keywords or concepts could help me jump start my mind to the next level.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome, reg326j :cool:

I believe that motor will be sufficient.
Could you post some basic schematic of the set up?
Do you have a pulley with a key screw that will fit that shaft?
Do you have a base that will fit the exterior diameter of the gear box clamping it by friction?

I have found this about your motor:
https://brunei.desertcart.com/produ...torque-gear-box-electric-motor-12-volt-30-rpm

Note that output speed should be around 25 rpm under load.

Likes reg326j
Thank you so much for the response! Good to know the motor looks fine. The connection between the motor shaft and the weight is where I am having trouble. I cannot figure out how to lift 10 pounds a few inches using the motor "and" I cannot visualize how to lift horizontally using a motor/shaft mounted horizontally.

I am hoping to get some pointers that will help me answer your last 2 questions...just the words pulley, key screw, and gear box help though.

I just thought of this though after you said the word "pulley" - I am trying to fit this in a 25 " x 15" x 3" box. Maybe with these dimensions might be impossible? Here's a pdf of my super rough schematic. Thank you again for the response.

Attachments

• device.pdf
    317 KB · Views: 188
Thank you for the schematic.
Here is an idea:

• Informative
Likes reg326j
Wow. That is cool. How you were able to solve this problem so quick is quite amazing. Thank you. If anyone has any simpler solutions or just ideas I would appreciate them. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to assist me!

Likes reg326j
ohhh quite nice - thank you!

1. What is a Kohree motor?

A Kohree motor is a type of small, electric motor commonly used in DIY projects and small electronic devices. It is known for its compact size and high efficiency, making it a popular choice for building small lifting devices.

2. How do I choose the right Kohree motor for my lifting device?

The most important factors to consider when choosing a Kohree motor for your lifting device are the weight of the load you want to lift and the speed at which you want it to be lifted. You should also consider the voltage and current requirements of your motor, as well as its torque and power ratings.

3. What other components do I need to build a small lifting device with a Kohree motor?

In addition to the Kohree motor, you will also need a power source, such as a battery or power supply, and a controller to regulate the motor's speed and direction. Depending on the design of your lifting device, you may also need gears, pulleys, and other mechanical components.

4. Can I control the lifting speed and direction with a Kohree motor?

Yes, you can control the speed and direction of a Kohree motor by using a controller. This can be a simple switch or a more advanced electronic controller, depending on your specific needs and the complexity of your lifting device.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when building a small lifting device with a Kohree motor?

Yes, it is important to follow all safety guidelines and instructions provided by the manufacturer when working with any type of motor, including a Kohree motor. You should also ensure that your lifting device is properly designed and constructed to prevent any potential hazards or accidents.