Small lifting device

• Thread starter reg326j
  • Start date
Summary:
Lift from a horizontal motor shaft
I am trying to build a device that will push up a small piece of wood (attached to a weight) from its’ base to support 10 pounds. I would only need to move 1 to 2 inches. My device would be about 1 - 2 feet wide. I would use perhaps this motor:

Kohree 12V DC Gear Motor 30RPM Small High Torque Electric Motor 37mm GearBox

I would want to mount the motor horizontally but this is where my problem begins. How could I move the wood weight up horizontally at a reasonable price? Perhaps using gears? I cannot use an actuator because the price would be prohibitive.

I was wondering if anyone could impart a rough solution. Even just a few keywords or concepts could help me jump start my mind to the next level.

Answers and Replies

Lnewqban
Gold Member
Welcome, reg326j :cool:

I believe that motor will be sufficient.
Could you post some basic schematic of the set up?
Do you have a pulley with a key screw that will fit that shaft?
Do you have a base that will fit the exterior diameter of the gear box clamping it by friction?

I have found this about your motor:
https://brunei.desertcart.com/produ...torque-gear-box-electric-motor-12-volt-30-rpm

Note that output speed should be around 25 rpm under load.

Thank you so much for the response! Good to know the motor looks fine. The connection between the motor shaft and the weight is where I am having trouble. I cannot figure out how to lift 10 pounds a few inches using the motor "and" I cannot visualize how to lift horizontally using a motor/shaft mounted horizontally.

I am hoping to get some pointers that will help me answer your last 2 questions...just the words pulley, key screw, and gear box help though.

I just thought of this though after you said the word "pulley" - I am trying to fit this in a 25 " x 15" x 3" box. Maybe with these dimensions might be impossible? Here's a pdf of my super rough schematic. Thank you again for the response.

Attachments

• device.pdf
    317 KB · Views: 82
Lnewqban
Gold Member
Thank you for the schematic.
Here is an idea:

Wow. That is cool. How you were able to solve this problem so quick is quite amazing. Thank you. If anyone has any simpler solutions or just ideas I would appreciate them. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to assist me!

ohhh quite nice - thank you!!