Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Small project

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1
    Hi Experts!
    I have my own company and we are working on small project for goods movement.
    I would require your valuable help to achieve this...
    Brief:
    A vehicle which can carry mass load and can fly from one point to other. Direction is changable. Which can be controlled. This is manually operated. This can be battery operated or fuel like usaual vehicle.
    I can stop this vehicle, slow down its speed and get down on earth slowly.

Can u suggest any directions? which resources are useful to build this project?

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2008 #2
    ummm... "small project?"

1)how much money are you looking to spend?
    2)how much payload weight are we talking?
    3)what is the transport distance?

4. Mar 11, 2008 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Agreed; far too little information provided. My first thought is a blimp, but they don't work so well on a small scale.

5. Mar 11, 2008 #4
    you are basically trying to build a cargo helicopter.

6. Mar 11, 2008 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Is this a serious thread?

7. Mar 11, 2008 #6

Danger

Gold Member

I can't tell. I was trying to treat it as such, but the lack of the OP showing up again makes me suspicious.

8. Mar 11, 2008 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Yes, definitely more information required. Surely, you know what existing options there are - helicopter, blimp, etc. so why do these not fit your needs?

9. Mar 11, 2008 #8

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The design is complete - we just need to find a source of flying monkeys!

10. Mar 11, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Check out my wife's family... :rolleyes:

11. Mar 12, 2008 #10
    Hi Experts!
    Extremly Sorry and
    agreed that i have not provided adequate information. And i thought may be for you all experts it is small project :-)
    Actually yes it is like cargo helicopter but not such a huge in size.

Some more details:
    It should carry a weight upto 120 kg maximum. Excluding object's body parts. It should not fly on much height from ground - 20 to 30 fts max. Can be moved as per desired direction. Maximum 40-50 km/hr speed. Simply work like flying vehicle = bike.
    There is no limit for transport distance. It will fly till fuel burns out.
    Money Budget is management decision. But seems no problem.

Waiting for guidelines. Please treat it seriously coz i have to present this in front of management.

12. Mar 12, 2008 #11

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You're looking to invent a helicopter alternative. And this is going to save the company money, even though it's in the cargo business, not the invention business...

Seriously, the only way is to use existing system, which has the huge advantge of having already bene operating.

13. Mar 13, 2008 #12
    Hi,
    Actually it is manufacturing industry. Also we have R&D department.
    @DaveC426913 : Pardon, but i didnt get the meaning of "Existing system" ! do you mean helicopter?

14. Mar 13, 2008 #13

dst

If you're asking on a physics forum on how to build an anti-gravity object, you might have slight problems with the R&D, without even beginning on the "manufacturing".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?