1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Small Q.

1. Jan 9, 2008 #1
    lock at this file:

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Okay, I did. Now what?

I will say that, until you clarify the fractions, either by making the vinculum (horizontal line) of the "main" fraction larger than those of the fractions in the numerator and denominator, or (better) use parentheses to clarify which are the fractions in the numerator and denominator of the main fractions, no one will be able to understand what you are saying.
  4. Jan 9, 2008 #3
    Thank you, my dear, to complying Question expected \ "What do want us to do \"? I want to explain the illustration of the difference between the two methods When and how is it applied? To calculate 1/2/3 Are So Nhsabhma (1 / 2) / 3 Or the solution will be 1 / (2 / 3) Observed a square in the solutions

I look for the basis of these operations Learned from the reality of solutions but do not have the basis algorithm taken in the solutions
  5. Jan 9, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Apparently you did not understand what I said. "1/2/3" is meaningless. There is no division operation defined for three numbers. (1/2)/3 means "1/2 divided by 3" and is equal to 1/6. 1/(2/3) means 1 divided by 2/3 and is equal 3/2. "1/2/3" does not mean either of those- it does not mean anything.
  6. Jan 9, 2008 #5
    Thank you very much for your cooperation
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?