Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Small treasures

1. Jul 8, 2006 #1

nazzard

Gold Member

Hello :smile:

While I was browsing through all the contributions for this weeks PF Photo Contest - "When You Wish Upon A Star" I remembered a book which was given to me as a gift when I was 11 years old. (a few years ago :rolleyes:) It told the story of manned space flight.

Well today I've finally found it and there's a dedication written in Russian on the first page. Now what makes it so special, apart from the nice words, is the fact that it was written by the cosmonaut http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/f/f1/Volk.jpg" [Broken] and was later involved in the Buran project. :cool:

My Russian is rather limited (not to mention my English :rolleyes:) but here's my try to give a rough translation:

"May this autograph/dedication contribute to strengthen the friendship and mutual understanding in all matters"

I hope at least some of it is correct. :blushing:

Do you also have or remember something given to you that you regard as a small treasure; something that makes you smile whenever you take a look at or think of it? :smile:

Regards,

nazzard

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

I wish i had, but most of the stuff i had gave a negative memory, so i chucked them out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook