1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Smallest personal Computer

1. Apr 14, 2004 #1
    The OQO is a Windows XP based ultra-mini computer which combines the functionality of a notebook computer and the portability of a PDA.

This retails for about $2,000. I'd rather go for a 3 pound Dell than this. But this is just too sweeet. The price is a major factor in me not buying it.

Any thoughts..
    Specifications:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2004 #2
    I read somewhere about IBM integrating a computer in a ring ... I'll try and find the article ....

4. Apr 17, 2004 #3
    That's not the smallest computer. I have a friend that uses a single neuron and he only uses that sometimes. :rolleyes:

5. Aug 4, 2006 #4
    I think that computer is kewl :)

Hi, I have 1 desktop and 2 laptops, along with a PDA. I have had my eye on this computer you are talking about and I am hoping for the price to drop as well.

For one thing if you want to hook up an external monitor then you need a extra cable that does not come with the computer. That I do not like.

I see know that it comes with tablet PC which is a definate plus for me. My second laptop has that and I love it.

Also all you get is 512 MB DDR RAM. Why not more since the money is so high priced?

All in all I agree with you... way too expensive for what you get.

6. Aug 5, 2006 #5
    Wow. The original thread is over 2-years old!! Nice resurection, as the advent of "a laptop in a pocket" is certainly on the horizon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?