Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Smallest personal Computer

1. Apr 14, 2004 #1
    The OQO is a Windows XP based ultra-mini computer which combines the functionality of a notebook computer and the portability of a PDA.

This retails for about $2,000. I'd rather go for a 3 pound Dell than this. But this is just too sweeet. The price is a major factor in me not buying it.

Any thoughts..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2004 #2
    I read somewhere about IBM integrating a computer in a ring ... I'll try and find the article ....
  4. Apr 17, 2004 #3
    That's not the smallest computer. I have a friend that uses a single neuron and he only uses that sometimes. :rolleyes:
  5. Aug 4, 2006 #4
    I think that computer is kewl :)

Hi, I have 1 desktop and 2 laptops, along with a PDA. I have had my eye on this computer you are talking about and I am hoping for the price to drop as well.

For one thing if you want to hook up an external monitor then you need a extra cable that does not come with the computer. That I do not like.

I see know that it comes with tablet PC which is a definate plus for me. My second laptop has that and I love it.

Also all you get is 512 MB DDR RAM. Why not more since the money is so high priced?

All in all I agree with you... way too expensive for what you get.
  6. Aug 5, 2006 #5
    Wow. The original thread is over 2-years old!! Nice resurection, as the advent of "a laptop in a pocket" is certainly on the horizon.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?