Is Smart FAGS the Future of Education?

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary: Basically, if you can't take a joke, you won't like it. Otherwise, its as good as any other waste of two hours of your life.I try not to do that at all. I am often not receiving of crude humor, from someone who is not a close friend.Can I ask where you come from MK? And what does fag mean there?
Mk
http://www2.kms.dk/fags/index.html [Broken]
Wow, I've never seen an organization with unknowingly creating such a profane title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
FAGS is administered by the FAGS Council, which is composed of
* two representatives of IUGG,
* two representatives of IAU,
* two representatives of URSI,
* the Secretary of FAGS,
* the past Secretary of FAGS, restricted to a period of two years following his/her terms of office.

The Council meets every year. The current members of the FAGS Council are...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"A wider FAGS review of data sources and products is available in Review of data sources prepared for the Federation of Astronomical and Geophysical Data Analysis Services.Report by Graham Alcock, 2001"

A report prepared by Graham Allcock??
No surprise there, I guess..

Mk said:
http://www2.kms.dk/fags/index.html [Broken]
Wow, I've never seen an organization with unknowingly creating such a profane title.

:bugeye: :eek: :bugeye:

Huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess when they teach english in Denmark they must not place a very strong emphasis on profanity.

Film Actors Guild?

matt.o said:
Film Actors Guild?

Its the Screen Actors Guild. The 'Film Actors Guild' is a spoof on it in the movie Team America: World Police.

Astronomers are known for their ludeness in naming things, but this is a bit much... :tongue2:

franznietzsche said:
Its the Screen Actors Guild. The 'Film Actors Guild' is a spoof on it in the movie Team America: World Police.

Thanks Captain Obvious...

Captain Obvious...
Whoa, time flies! Last time I talked to him, he was Sgt. Obvious...

Ludeness?? Is that the same as lewdness?

arildno said:
Ludeness?? Is that the same as lewdness?
I was wondering about that too.

MK said:
Whoa, time flies! Last time I talked to him, he was Sgt. Obvious...

Whoooo! A promotion! :approve:

matt.o said:
Thanks Captain Obvious...

Well, its perfectly possible that you wouldn't have known that. Heck, I wouldn't expect most people to even know that SAG exists.

franznietzsche said:
Well, its perfectly possible that you wouldn't have known that. Heck, I wouldn't expect most people to even know that SAG exists.

I think it is perfectly obvious that I was alluding to the movie, especially with all those questions marks. Maybe I should have used a :rofl: or :tongue: or :biggrin: to make it a bit more obvious.

Most of us haven't seen the movie.

I would recommend it. I thought it was very funny!

franznietzsche said:

I'd never heard of it at all! In fact, I still don't know what it is, because I care so little about it, I won't even waste time googling it up! :cool:

I would recommend it. I thought it was very funny!
From what I heard of it, I don't think I want to see it.

Mk said:
Oh well, you've heard at least one good review (from me!).

Mk said:

Basically, if you can't take a joke, you won't like it. Otherwise, its as good as any other waste of two hours of your life.

its as good as any other waste of two hours of your life.
I try not to do that at all. I am often not receiving of crude humor, from someone who is not a close friend.

Can I ask where you come from MK? And what does fag mean there?

Edit: Checked your profile. If you don't like people piss-taking the US, then I wouldn't watch it if I was you either!

I am surprised by your dislike of crude humour though, seeing as you made this thread...

Last edited:

1. What is Smart FAGS?

Smart FAGS stands for Smart Flexible Adaptive Grading System. It is an innovative approach to education that utilizes technology to provide personalized and adaptive learning experiences for students.

2. How does Smart FAGS work?

Smart FAGS uses a combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics to analyze a student's learning patterns and create a customized learning path. This allows students to learn at their own pace and receive targeted feedback and support.

3. What are the benefits of Smart FAGS?

Smart FAGS has many benefits, including increased student engagement, improved learning outcomes, and more efficient use of resources. It also allows teachers to spend more one-on-one time with students, providing personalized support and guidance.

4. Is Smart FAGS suitable for all subjects?

Smart FAGS can be adapted for use in a variety of subjects, including math, science, languages, and social studies. It is particularly useful for subjects that require a lot of practice and repetition, as it can provide personalized feedback and adaptive learning paths.

5. Is Smart FAGS the future of education?

While Smart FAGS has shown promising results in improving learning outcomes and student engagement, it is difficult to say if it will completely replace traditional education methods in the future. However, it is likely that technology and personalized learning experiences will play a significant role in the future of education.