Israel Occupying Palestinian Land: Is It Smart?

• News
  • Thread starter tumor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Israel
In summary, the Israelis want peace, but they are currently fighting two wars because the Palestinians and the Americans are both tyrants. Canada is a great peacekeeping country, but it is not loved by all its citizens because it is not cold.
tumor
I believe everyone here agrees that jews are smart bunch of people,so how come they behave towards palestinians like a barbarians?maybe they are not that smart after all?
having such a powerfull army and 100% backing of USA in every endevour,could not they find peacfull/diplomatic solution to the palestinian problem?or maybe they need fictious enemy to conceal some real economic and societall problems?same with USA. by the way.
I don't want to go into whole jews/palestinians debate,but one thing is sure : israel today ocupies palestinian land and each week passes grabs it even more.

Physics news on Phys.org
well we DO know ONE thing.. you're definitely not jewish, because anyone with half a brain wouldn't post racist statements like this

score: me and the jews -1 you -0

Zantra said:
well we DO know ONE thing.. you're definitely not jewish, because anyone with half a brain wouldn't post racist statements like this

Agreed.

Tumor, don't make generalizations like that.

tumor said:
I believe everyone here agrees that jews are smart bunch of people,so how come they behave towards palestinians like a barbarians?maybe they are not that smart after all?

The Isreali's want that land, they feel that it's their land because the Torah says so, it's as simple as that, they're willing to fight, die and kill for that land.

Tumor, has it occurred to you that it only takes one side to start a war, but two to end one (unless one side is annihilated...)?

wasteofo2 said:
The Isreali's want that land, they feel that it's their land because the Torah says so, it's as simple as that, they're willing to fight, die and kill for that land.
It isn't quite that simple. First, the land that is Israel was given to the Israelis by the UN to form a country. They defend that land now because it is their country. That gift, however, was somewhat ill-advised because the land was not completely unoccupied when the UN gave it to them. Nevertheless, it can't be taken back.

Second, the most of the land that Israel now occupies that wasn't part of the initial grant is land that Israel won in defensive wars. The Israelis are more than willing to trade that land for peace - that land was meant to become a country called Palestine, which, contrary to popular belief, has never existed. It can become Palestine if the Palestinians choose for it to be.

In resolution to the current situation, and foremost, the Isralis want peace.

The main problem is that we have two tyrants in power on both sides.

We have Sharon and they have Arafat.

Until the power shifts to the cooler heads things will simply keep repeating as they are. Tit for tat murder on and from both sides.

Max

Tumor's "land of milk and honey' is obviously infested with slime and bigotry!

GENIERE said:
Tumor's "land of milk and honey' is obviously infested with slime and bigotry!

This land is called Canada.Altough Canada is the most politically correct and pro Israeli and its citizens are utterly- completelly brain washed ,there are still few people thinking on their own, and I'm one of them.

Zantra said:

what is racist about my post?

tumor said:
This land is called Canada.Altough Canada is the most politically correct and pro Israeli and its citizens are utterly- completelly brain washed ,there are still few people thinking on their own, and I'm one of them.

Oh good. Ok, so just so everyone is clear: Tumor does not represent the nation of Canada or its citizenry.

tumor said:
what is racist about my post?

Hmmm

I believe everyone here agrees that jews are smart bunch of people

Well, here you are generalizing a group of people as smart. Not only that, but you make the assumption that everyone believes in this generalization.

so how come they behave towards palestinians like a barbarians?

Here you again make the generalization that ALL JEWS act like barbarians towards Palestinians.

Sorry Tumor but I'm sure most people who have viewed this thread find your post to be at least borderline racist.

tumor needs cat scan.

Canada has its problems.

People fail to realize how much we have for the very little we pay.

I love my peacekeeping country, but apparently all the plastic-face Harper voters don't like it.

That's all I have to say.

I LOVE CANADA!

Note: Since most Canadians don't love Canada because it is cold (what a great reason), I do not speak for the average Canadian citizen.

On another topic; billion $ for 4 old,rusting,leaking like a seve not seaworthy subs-nice move Canada.

Well that really is another topic.. but since it's you're thread it's allowed.

It was such a waste of money for those subs, I agree.

Oh! and the beautifull deal on military helicopters that in the end Canada had to pay 500 million $ in penalty for breaching buying contract.sweeeet. :wink:

I don't see how criticising Israel's policies is racist... :uhh:

re: helicopters I don't know why we don't make our own. After all, in Sweden Saab fighter jets came before Saab cars. I'm sure that with all our resources, manpower, etc we can do anything Sweden can do, and better. We should build our own submarines, ships, cars, everything. It's not like we can't do it if we try.

Last edited:
fourier jr said:
I don't see how criticising Israel's policies is racist... :uhh:

No one would call criticizing a government's policy as racist. However, Tumor clearly makes broad generalizations about the Jewish people. Paraphrased, it comes off as:

"people think jews are smart, but they're barbaric so they're not smart"

That comes off as racist. However, if Tumor wrote something to the effect of: "Israel's policy towards Palestine is Barbaric" that's not racist because
a) It doesn't make a broad generalization about an ethnic group and
b) It correctly (by that I mean the criticism should be og the government not the Jewish people) criticizes a government and not an ethnic group

check said:
No one would call criticizing a government's policy as racist. However, Tumor clearly makes broad generalizations about the Jewish people. Paraphrased, it comes off as:

That comes off as racist. However, if Tumor wrote something to the effect of: "Israel's policy towards Palestine is Barbaric" that's not racist because
b) It correctly (by that I mean the criticism should be og the government not the Jewish people) criticizes a government and not an ethnic group

Check said it wonderfully.. and if I actually have to tell you, then there's no point in going any further. I know lots of jews.. I guess I don't get invited to those meetings where they paint their faces and discuss raping and pillaging. And if they were biased, they wouldn't be my friends. But I guess that's just my take on things.

Last edited:
check said:

Whatever man!don't get to technicall.some people are just so damn allergic to any hint of criticism-it is silly and childish!

tumor said:
Whatever man!don't get to technicall.some people are just so damn allergic to any hint of criticism-it is silly and childish!

If you wanted to legitimately criticize the Israeli government and not spout a racist attitude towards Jews you would NOT have said, “everyone here agrees that jews are smart bunch of people” and then “maybe they are not that smart after all?” What is the point of that if not to slam or generalize an ethnic group? It’s not a question of semantics, being all ‘technical’, but if you seriously have that kind of ‘all Jews this and that’ attitude then that’s just wrong.

check said:
If you wanted to legitimately criticize the Israeli government and not spout a racist attitude towards Jews you would NOT have said, “everyone here agrees that jews are smart bunch of people” and then “maybe they are not that smart after all?” What is the point of that if not to slam or generalize an ethnic group? It’s not a question of semantics, being all ‘technical’, but if you seriously have that kind of ‘all Jews this and that’ attitude then that’s just wrong.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

1. What is the current situation of Israel occupying Palestinian land?

Currently, Israel is occupying several territories that are internationally recognized as Palestinian land, including the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip. This occupation began in 1967 during the Six-Day War and has continued to this day.

2. What is the reason behind Israel's occupation of Palestinian land?

The primary reason for Israel's occupation of Palestinian land is a complex political and historical conflict between the two sides. Both Israel and Palestine claim the land as their own and have differing beliefs and demands regarding its ownership.

3. Is Israel's occupation of Palestinian land legal?

The legality of Israel's occupation of Palestinian land is a highly debated topic. The United Nations and many international organizations consider it a violation of international law and human rights. However, Israel argues that the land was captured in a defensive war and therefore does not fall under the category of occupation.

4. What are the consequences of Israel's occupation of Palestinian land?

The consequences of Israel's occupation of Palestinian land are numerous and significant. It has led to ongoing conflict, violence, and human rights abuses, including displacement of Palestinian residents, restriction of movement, and destruction of homes and property.

5. Is there a potential solution to end the occupation of Palestinian land?

The solution to end the occupation of Palestinian land is a complex and ongoing process that involves political negotiations and cooperation between Israel and Palestine. Some proposed solutions include a two-state solution, where both countries coexist independently, or a one-state solution, where both populations live together in a shared state.