Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Smilie curiosity .fires off

1. Jan 12, 2004 #1
    "Smilie" curiosity.....fires off

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why we don't have these kind of smilites here at PF (This is a bit of a redundant question for me)

(And only if that 'little guy' shows up...) click on it and it will show you, and I wonder how to get that herein....there is a way...
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2004 #2
    Re: "Smilie" curiosity.....fires off

May be this...

but hey! IMG tag don't work here!!!
    I don't know why! May Greg explain it.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  4. Jan 12, 2004 #3
    Yup i tried it two Moni but i don't know why it is not working

But Moni How u have uploaded those beautiful pencil sketch etc in General Discussion forum
  5. Jan 12, 2004 #4
    Uploading it to this forum is simple enough as an attachment, but me too I had wanted it to show on the page, maybe I should go back to talkroot.com and ask a mod for help...
  6. Jan 12, 2004 #5
    I've found only in this section "PF Feedback & Announcements" that the IMG tag not works!

First when I was making the tag, under the option "Automatically parse URLs" was checked that's why inside IMG tag there was URL tag...then I un-checked that...but still that is not working :(

I've worked with phpBB but that doesn't have such problems, not know much about vBulletien :(

Oh! Thanks that you've found that pencil sketch beautiful! Actually I have placed them in another server...and liked the image using that IMG tag...
    But as I told you earlier...only in this section the IMG tag is not working as it should be :(
  7. Jan 14, 2004 #6
    I observed that Why the IMG code is not working which is due to Forum Rules Look at the Forum Rules by scrolling down which states

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts HTML code is OFF
    vB code is ON
    Smilies are ON

code is OFF[/B] [/COLOR]

So it is only upto Greg to ON it

U may also see it here
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?