Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Smilies and advanced mode messages, or pms

1. Apr 3, 2005 #1
    I just noticed this a while ago. Anytime I am writing a message and I click on a smilie, while my message has passed the length of the text area (meaning that there is a scroll bar), I am taken to the top of my message. This could be just me again :rofl:

Note: I am using firefox 1.0.2, Ubunut 4.1.

To test this on your side, go into advanced mode. Press enter until there is a scrollbar and then click on a smilie.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 4, 2005 #2
    Your right, not sure why it happens, but it doesn't happen in IE. So maybe it's just a bug in Firefox.

4. Apr 4, 2005 #3
    I have a similar problem as well (but on IE), when the page isn't loaded, none of the scripting works (like the quotation, text formatting, or the smilies) until the page is fully loaded. It takes me to the top of the page if I try to click on them too early. But that is just a little observation, more of a nuisance than anything else.

5. Apr 4, 2005 #4
    I have noticed something similar to this with IE, but it doesn't (as far as I know) depend on scrolling. Just, sometimes when I click on a smiley it puts me at the top of the page instead of making the smiley. This happens erratically. If I click again it usually makes the smiley correctly.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?