Snacks and surprises (without the surprises)

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
jimmy p
Gold Member
So I'm sitting here eating a freshly microwaved spicy poppadom, and I'm thinking to myself, what is everyone on PF's favourite snack??

As above, mine is a poppadom to eat while I'm typing away on PF. What's yours?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Weird, purple jellyfish, warmed in the microwave, a la'mode, straightforward vanilla ice cream.

Whats a poppadom?

hmmmmmm snack eh? i would have to say beef jerky

What's a poppadom?

Njorl
Science Advisor
zoobyshoe said:
What's a poppadom?

What's a poppadom?

What's a poppadom?!

SIR, WHAT ISN'T A POPPADOM!

Njorl

PS - Actually, I'd like to know too.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it's a species of dinosaur. Triassic. Small. Plates on the back. Crawled on all fours. Vegetarian. Usually of a cheerful disposition. Social animals, but displaying no interest in politics. Usually ate their own young as soon as they hatched, except the ones that got away. Not aquatic. Not tropical. Preferred temperate climate but spent winters in Arizona. Yeah. That was the poppadom.

No, I'm sorry. I think I was actually describing the family that used to live next door to us.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
is there a mommadom?

reese's pieces!!! I wish I had a lifetime supply of those...

jimmy p
Gold Member
well poppadom is how the packet spells them flour things that you cook that go with currys and stuff. Poppadom, papadom, its all good.

I heard that purple jellyfish was quite a delicacy for zoobies, not just a snack.

Evo
Mentor
I like warm salted nuts.

Cashews are my favorite.

jcsd
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Larks' tongues

BoulderHead
Fried green plantain (occasionally banana) chips. When the season permits, the rose apple makes for a delicately flavored delicious treat.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Um, hello? Cheetos?
Not my favorite now, but when I was younger... there was no better snack- it made your fingers orange! How magically delicious! uh huhhyeah...

Anyway, my favorite snack is coffee or an orange. Eating an orange just makes me happy :) So sweet and juicy and light and fresh and mmm...

jimmy p
Gold Member
Hey, we have things like those here in England!! They are called.... Wotsits....

honestrosewater
Gold Member
No, oranges in England? That's amazing! :surprise:
Why do you call them Wotsits? That's so goofy...

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I love boiled peanuts. It's an Alabama delicacy.
But I found out my friend from India likes them too! She cooks them much better than I do. I always get them a little too salty.

jimmy p
Gold Member
We have Oranges in UK... otherwise I would be full o' scurvy!! And so would Polly, my Parrot, ARRR!!! I dunno why Cheetos are called Wotsits, its lame, but true.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Yeah, I was just joking... perhaps we could just call them cheese-flavored corn puffs... er, I mean cheese-flavoured corn puffs :rolleyes: Too nutty ;)

jimmy p
Gold Member
lol. That is the description on the packet, and thank you for appreciating our 'u'... most important apparently.

jimmy p
Gold Member
Another cool snack or munch.... pipitas - salted sunflower seeds. mmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty!! i have some right now... and a kitten.. but the kitten isnt edible.

jimmy p said:
We have Oranges in UK... otherwise I would be full o' scurvy!! And so would Polly, my Parrot, ARRR!!!
Actually, it's well known that the majority of people in the UK have never even seen a real orange, just the fake, mechanical ones. Hence the phrase: "He's as batty as a clockwork orange!"

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Jimmy, I told a Cockney lady at the store that I wanted some apples and pears. She slapped me. :biggrin:

My favorite snack food? Tortilla Chips or Nachos and HOT HOT Salsa

Any and all kinds of nuts: now that makes sense doesn't it? :wink:

Last edited:
how about prairie oysters, anyone ever had those