Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Snacks and surprises (without the surprises)

1. Jun 3, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

So I'm sitting here eating a freshly microwaved spicy poppadom, and I'm thinking to myself, what is everyone on PF's favourite snack??

As above, mine is a poppadom to eat while I'm typing away on PF. What's yours?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2004 #2
    Weird, purple jellyfish, warmed in the microwave, a la'mode, straightforward vanilla ice cream.

Whats a poppadom?

4. Jun 3, 2004 #3
    hmmmmmm snack eh? i would have to say beef jerky

5. Jun 3, 2004 #4
    What's a poppadom?

6. Jun 3, 2004 #5
    i dont know and i dont care

7. Jun 3, 2004 #6

Njorl

Science Advisor

What's a poppadom?

What's a poppadom?!

SIR, WHAT ISN'T A POPPADOM!

Njorl

PS - Actually, I'd like to know too.

8. Jun 3, 2004 #7
    Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it's a species of dinosaur. Triassic. Small. Plates on the back. Crawled on all fours. Vegetarian. Usually of a cheerful disposition. Social animals, but displaying no interest in politics. Usually ate their own young as soon as they hatched, except the ones that got away. Not aquatic. Not tropical. Preferred temperate climate but spent winters in Arizona. Yeah. That was the poppadom.

9. Jun 3, 2004 #8
    No, I'm sorry. I think I was actually describing the family that used to live next door to us.

10. Jun 3, 2004 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

is there a mommadom?

11. Jun 3, 2004 #10
    reese's pieces!!! I wish I had a lifetime supply of those...

12. Jun 3, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

well poppadom is how the packet spells them flour things that you cook that go with currys and stuff. Poppadom, papadom, its all good.

I heard that purple jellyfish was quite a delicacy for zoobies, not just a snack.

13. Jun 3, 2004 #12

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I like warm salted nuts.

Cashews are my favorite.

14. Jun 3, 2004 #13

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Larks' tongues

15. Jun 3, 2004 #14
    Fried green plantain (occasionally banana) chips. When the season permits, the rose apple makes for a delicately flavored delicious treat.

16. Jun 3, 2004 #15

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Um, hello? Cheetos?
    Not my favorite now, but when I was younger... there was no better snack- it made your fingers orange! How magically delicious! uh huhhyeah...

Anyway, my favorite snack is coffee or an orange. Eating an orange just makes me happy :) So sweet and juicy and light and fresh and mmm...

17. Jun 3, 2004 #16

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey, we have things like those here in England!! They are called.... Wotsits....

18. Jun 3, 2004 #17

honestrosewater

Gold Member

No, oranges in England? That's amazing! :surprise:
    Why do you call them Wotsits? That's so goofy...

19. Jun 3, 2004 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I love boiled peanuts. It's an Alabama delicacy.
    But I found out my friend from India likes them too! She cooks them much better than I do. I always get them a little too salty.

20. Jun 3, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

We have Oranges in UK... otherwise I would be full o' scurvy!! And so would Polly, my Parrot, ARRR!!! I dunno why Cheetos are called Wotsits, its lame, but true.

21. Jun 3, 2004 #20

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Yeah, I was just joking... perhaps we could just call them cheese-flavored corn puffs... er, I mean cheese-flavoured corn puffs :rolleyes: Too nutty ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?