Snake Cake - Would you eat it?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor

Main Question or Discussion Point

I don't think I could eat it, it's too lifelike.

:surprised

Would you eat this Albino Burmese Python? It's sweet and tasty; seriously!

attachment.php?attachmentid=49904&d=1345158193.jpg

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34498/would+you+eat+this+albino+burmese+python+its+sweet+and+tasty+seriously/ [Broken]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Pythagorean
Gold Member
Probably, but only after making sure it was actually cake.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
It's not made with snake in any way right?

Either way, no.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
You would turn down cake!?!? BLASPHEMER!!

Evo
Mentor
It looks too real!!!

I'd eat it even if it was a snake.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
I always hated the smell of snakes. It's a similar smell that climbing rope makes when it passes trough the carabiner too fast.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
I haves confession. I don't like chocolate cake. Chocolate frosting is fine, but I don't like chocolate batter.

Evo
Mentor
I haves confession. I don't like chocolate cake. Chocolate frosting is fine, but I don't like chocolate batter.
I like really dense dark chocolate cake. But I agree, most chocolate cake batters aren't that tasty.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Omg cake...I would eat that cake from head to tail.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pythagorean
Gold Member
Actually was probably the sticht plate or the figure eight. Been a while. It heats up and releases an aroma from the friction. Not sure if the aroma actually comes from the belay device or the rope itself.

I hope this helps.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Evo, I challenge you to find a cake I wouldn't eat.

Evo
Mentor
sixholdens
Actually was probably the sticht plate or the figure eight. Been a while. It heats up and releases an aroma from the friction. Not sure if the aroma actually comes from the belay device or the rope itself.

I hope this helps.
Doesn't the smell come mostly from what is on the rope? Sweat, biological matter from handling it or laying it on the ground. Been awhile since I was on-rope.

sixholdens
Yeah, I'd eat the cake. Might even try some snake if it is properly prepared....

WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
I'm letting PETA know about this!

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Let's derail this thread into something more tasty.

http://img4-2.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/sl/05/06/chocolate-pie-sl-1069630-l.jpg

PIE

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Pi is not tasty.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
Doesn't the smell come mostly from what is on the rope? Sweat, biological matter from handling it or laying it on the ground. Been awhile since I was on-rope.
no idea, but now we have a third candidate, thanks a lot.

I shouldn't really comment because you guys aren't talking about the same "chocolate cake" as I am thinking of. When I went to the US the desserts were very odd, but all the rest of the food was incredible, absolutely incredible. Every day I was there I ate as much food as I possibly could without getting sick. I guess because in Ireland the food is relatively tasteless we make up for it by having fantastic desserts.

I grew up in a family with a mother that is a fantastic cook. Even though she is in her late 80s now, she is still one of the best cooks I know. With a father and 5 sons, deserts were always around. By far, the favorite desert was her yellow cake with chocolate icing. BUT, we also knew the family mantra "there are no bad deserts, just some that go faster than others" :smile:

Yes, I'd give that cake a try :approve:

jtbell
Mentor