Snake Cake - Would you eat it?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I would love to try this!In summary, the Albino Burmese Python is sweet and tasty, but some people would not eat it because it looks too real. Some people would eat it even if it was a snake. Chocolate cake is not tasty to some people, but a chocolate peanut butter pie is better.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I don't think I could eat it, it's too lifelike.

Would you eat this Albino Burmese Python? It's sweet and tasty; seriously!

attachment.php?attachmentid=49904&d=1345158193.jpg

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34498/would+you+eat+this+albino+burmese+python+its+sweet+and+tasty+seriously/ [Broken]

Attachments

• snake cake.jpg
    snake cake.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 623
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Probably, but only after making sure it was actually cake.

It's not made with snake in any way right?

Either way, no.

You would turn down cake?? BLASPHEMER!

It looks too real!

I'd eat it even if it was a snake.

I always hated the smell of snakes. It's a similar smell that climbing rope makes when it passes trough the carabiner too fast.

I haves confession. I don't like chocolate cake. Chocolate frosting is fine, but I don't like chocolate batter.

Pythagorean said:
I haves confession. I don't like chocolate cake. Chocolate frosting is fine, but I don't like chocolate batter.
I like really dense dark chocolate cake. But I agree, most chocolate cake batters aren't that tasty.

Omg cake...I would eat that cake from head to tail.

Pythagorean said:
I always hated the smell of snakes. It's a similar smell that climbing rope makes when it passes trough the carabiner too fast.

:confused:

lisab said:
:confused:

Actually was probably the sticht plate or the figure eight. Been a while. It heats up and releases an aroma from the friction. Not sure if the aroma actually comes from the belay device or the rope itself.

I hope this helps.

Evo, I challenge you to find a cake I wouldn't eat.

Drakkith said:
I'd probably try a slice.
Lol!

Pythagorean said:
Actually was probably the sticht plate or the figure eight. Been a while. It heats up and releases an aroma from the friction. Not sure if the aroma actually comes from the belay device or the rope itself.

I hope this helps.

Doesn't the smell come mostly from what is on the rope? Sweat, biological matter from handling it or laying it on the ground. Been awhile since I was on-rope.

Yeah, I'd eat the cake. Might even try some snake if it is properly prepared...

I'm letting PETA know about this!

Let's derail this thread into something more tasty.

http://img4-2.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/sl/05/06/chocolate-pie-sl-1069630-l.jpg

PIE

Pi is not tasty.

sixholdens said:
Doesn't the smell come mostly from what is on the rope? Sweat, biological matter from handling it or laying it on the ground. Been awhile since I was on-rope.

no idea, but now we have a third candidate, thanks a lot.

I shouldn't really comment because you guys aren't talking about the same "chocolate cake" as I am thinking of. When I went to the US the desserts were very odd, but all the rest of the food was incredible, absolutely incredible. Every day I was there I ate as much food as I possibly could without getting sick. I guess because in Ireland the food is relatively tasteless we make up for it by having fantastic desserts.

I grew up in a family with a mother that is a fantastic cook. Even though she is in her late 80s now, she is still one of the best cooks I know. With a father and 5 sons, deserts were always around. By far, the favorite desert was her yellow cake with chocolate icing. BUT, we also knew the family mantra "there are no bad deserts, just some that go faster than others" :smile:

Yes, I'd give that cake a try :approve:

Drakkith said:
Pi is not tasty.

Pi are square. The corners are too sharp.

Hee hee, yeah I should specify, I was talking about "store bought" and restaurant desserts, nothing beats home baked cakes and pies, whatever country it is.

Last edited:
This cake is a dessert. Remember ssssssssss for ssssssssssssnake. Two Ss. Now we'll never get mixed up between dessert and desert again.

This Snake is a lie.

Joking aside that is one awesome cake.

Pengwuino said:
Let's derail this thread into something more tasty.

http://img4-2.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/sl/05/06/chocolate-pie-sl-1069630-l.jpg

PIE

Okay.

http://www.arabnews.com/sites/default/files/biggest-burmese-python-caught-florida_58220_610x343.jpg [Broken]

Looks like they're eating. :yuck:

Incredible snake cake! For my birthday, I'd always ask for my mother's home-made chocolate layer cake with peanut-butter frosting. Although if it looked as awesome as the snake cake, I don't know if I could have cut into it.

Chocolate peanut butter pie > all

http://www.exploreveg.org/resources/recipes/i/chocolatepbpie.jpg/image_mini [Broken]

Pythagorean said:
Chocolate peanut butter pie > all

http://www.exploreveg.org/resources/recipes/i/chocolatepbpie.jpg/image_mini [Broken]

Eww peanuts, I have an extreme hatred for all types of nutty things.

This looks way better:

http://i.pbase.com/v3/76/501676/2/44891450.100_3858.jpg [Broken]

I don't care much or peanuts. They're always what's left from mixed nuts. But peanut butter on celery or peanut butter on apples or peanut butter candies and pies and I'm all over it.

Evo said:

Would you eat this Albino Burmese Python? It's sweet and tasty; seriously!

Does it come in cheesecake? I'll eat anything that tastes like cheesecake. Seriously, anything.

1. What is Snake Cake?

Snake Cake is a type of dessert made to resemble a snake. It is typically made with layers of cake and frosting, shaped into a long, coiled snake and decorated with fondant or other edible decorations to mimic the look of scales and a face.

2. Is Snake Cake safe to eat?

Yes, Snake Cake is safe to eat as long as it is made with fresh, quality ingredients and prepared in a clean and sanitary environment. As with any food, it is important to follow proper food handling and storage guidelines to ensure safety.

3. What does Snake Cake taste like?

The taste of Snake Cake can vary depending on the type of cake and frosting used. However, it is typically sweet and rich, with a texture similar to traditional layered cakes. Some people also add fillings or flavors to make the cake more interesting.

4. Are there any cultural or religious implications with eating Snake Cake?

No, there are no cultural or religious implications with eating Snake Cake. It is simply a creative and fun dessert that can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their background or beliefs.

5. Can I make Snake Cake at home?

Yes, Snake Cake can be made at home with the right ingredients and tools. There are many recipes and tutorials available online to help you create your own Snake Cake. Just make sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and have fun with the decorating process!