Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SNOWBALL Intercept and possible ‘impact’ on June 19th?

1. Jun 4, 2004 #1
    I’m just wondering if anyone’s heard about this?
    http://www.rense.com/general53/rumor.htm
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1128284/posts
    & http://www.bushcountry.org/news/jun_news_pages/g_060104_withheld_june_2004.htm
    And you can google for “Snowball intercept” and get lots of links too.

Anyway, story goes someone picked up an odd transmission (and recorded it, the mp3s out there, I’ve had a listen) of some sort of impact occurring in 146 days from the time of transmission. According to the website, the transmission was made on Jan 26th of this year, putting the impact at June 19th or 20th. What this impact is, it doesn’t say. This is probably a hoax, but it’s been getting more and more attention since June 19th is fast approaching.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2004 #2
    My opinion... its B.S. I can't figure out why people (not you check :)) so readily believe things that are posted on internet message boards. Some guy with "insider information" from NASA makes a few posts about a comet on a collision course for earth and everybody freaks out. His only proof is that 'something significant will be revealed on April 16th.' Is he psychic too? These people just enjoy spreading and reading conspiracy theories IMO. This one isn't as good as the Titor story though :). Anyways, it is kind of entertaining to read (in a comical way). Check out some of the "red flags" from the second link.

Breaking news that the entire Internet could be shut down very easily.

Al Franken saying that Bush was more concerned with "meteors" than with terrorists.

Bush responding to Woodward, when Woodward asks how History will judge the Iraqi invasion. "We'll all be dead."

Ted Koppel doing a show on 4/7/04 on martial law and The Armageddon Plan.
    (Koppel must be in on it too):))

Numerous postings around the net about a "orangey yellow huge glowing orb" that appears for 10 minutes, then disappears into a blue star. My son saw the very same thing in February.

-chief

4. Jun 4, 2004 #3
    Well, at least we don't have to wait a long time to unravel this mystery. :smile:

5. Jun 4, 2004 #4
    Haha, agreed. That's really the only reason why I posted this is because it's so date specific.

Has anyone heard about this thing though, on other message boards? I've seen it on a few.

6. Jun 4, 2004 #5
    Its a hoax, the perpertrators admitted it, still very interesting though it had thousands of people beliving it in just a few days.

7. Jun 4, 2004 #6
  8. Jun 7, 2004 #7
    The snowball intercept 'if for real!' could be about ahything, but it does sound like the military is gearing up for some kind of offensive operation.

9. Jun 11, 2004 #8

megashawn

Science Advisor

AHHHH ITS PLANET X NOOOOOOOO

hehehe couldn't resist.

10. Jun 19, 2004 #9
    ATTENTION: The End of The World has been postponed due to inclement weather.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?