So have you guys watched Stoker's Dracula ?

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of Stoker's Dracula, with one person expressing their curiosity about the characters and another admitting to not having watched the film. The conversation then shifts to discussing different versions of Dracula and actors who could potentially play the role.
heman
So have you guys watched Stoker's Dracula ?..I am really curious in knowing how the people feel about the characters - Dracula , Mina and Lucy ...

Physics news on Phys.org
No. Well, actually I saw about 20 minutes, got up a left the theater. So, I'm a bad choice to discuss thjis with.

But I thought I'd tweak the timeliness of this thread (ie., bump) so maybe you'd get real answers instead of mine.

Another non-answer here, I thought I'd mention that the original 1922 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu%2C_eine_Symphonie_des_Grauens" is pretty cool if you're into silent movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the Bela Lugosi version.

Evo said:
I liked the Bela Lugosi version.

That's the only version I've seen.

Moonbear said:
That's the only version I've seen.
Whenever I think of Dracula, I think of him, I can't imagine any other Dracula.

Although Johhny Depp would make a good Dracula.

Evo said:
Whenever I think of Dracula, I think of him, I can't imagine any other Dracula.

Although Johhny Depp would make a good Dracula.

Johnny Depp should have some role that just combines all of the intimidating and/or scary characters he's played. Jack SweeneyScissorHandsWonka or something.

1. What is Stoker's Dracula?

Stoker's Dracula is a novel written by Bram Stoker in 1897. It is a Gothic horror story that follows the vampire Count Dracula as he tries to spread his curse in England.

2. Is Stoker's Dracula based on a true story?

No, Stoker's Dracula is a work of fiction. However, it is loosely based on the historical figure of Vlad the Impaler, a Romanian prince known for his cruelty and often associated with the vampire legend.

3. Is Stoker's Dracula the first vampire story?

No, Stoker's Dracula is not the first vampire story, but it is one of the most well-known and influential. Some of the earliest vampire stories can be found in ancient Greek and Roman mythology.

4. Why is Stoker's Dracula considered a classic?

Stoker's Dracula is considered a classic because it popularized the vampire genre and introduced many of the common tropes and characteristics associated with vampires today. It is also a well-crafted story with complex characters and themes that continue to resonate with readers.

5. Are there any adaptations of Stoker's Dracula?

Yes, there have been numerous adaptations of Stoker's Dracula, including films, TV shows, and stage productions. Some notable adaptations include the 1931 film Dracula starring Bela Lugosi and the 1992 film Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Francis Ford Coppola.