So i did this question and got an answer of 43 N i was wondering if

• Thread starter tascja
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a physics problem involving a box on an inclined ramp and determining the minimum force needed to keep the box at rest. The box has a mass of 22 kg and the ramp is at a 45 degree angle. The coefficients of friction were also given. The solution was to break the problem down into x and y components and to make sure the net force is equal to 0. The answer of 43 N was confirmed by another person.
tascja
So i did this question and got an answer of 43 N i was wondering if someone else could try it and tell me what they get.. it its not the same ill explain my steps and see where i went wrong.

Homework Statement

A box with a mass of 22 kg is at rest on a ramp inclined at 45 to the horizontal. The coefficients of friction between the box and the ramp are Us = 0.78 and Uk = 0.65.
Determine the magnitude of the smallest force that can be applied onto the top of the box, perpendicular to the ramp, if the box is to remain at rest.

Homework Equations

Fnet = 0
Ff = UFn

The Attempt at a Solution

I broke the question down into its x and y components.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, that's what I get as well.

okay good! thank you!

1. What is the unit of measurement for 43 N?

The unit of measurement for 43 N is Newtons (N), which is the standard unit for force in the International System of Units (SI).

2. Can you explain the significance of getting an answer of 43 N?

The significance of getting an answer of 43 N depends on the context of the question being asked. In general, 43 N represents a force of 43 Newtons, which can be a significant amount of force depending on the situation.

3. How did you arrive at the answer of 43 N?

The answer of 43 N was most likely obtained through a calculation or experiment involving the measurement of force. The exact method for obtaining this answer may vary depending on the specific details of the question.

4. Is 43 N considered a strong force?

The strength of 43 N as a force depends on what it is being compared to. In some situations, 43 N may be considered a strong force, while in others it may be relatively weak. It is important to consider the context when determining the strength of a force.

5. How does 43 N relate to other units of measurement?

43 N can be converted to other units of force, such as pounds or kilograms, using standard conversion factors. It can also be compared to other units of measurement, such as distance or time, in order to understand its significance in a given situation.