So I Want to Write a Book

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary: That's a great idea! Especially if we dunk the Cookie Galaxy in the Milky Way Galaxy and eat it later :biggrin: Thanks for the input!
Drakkith
Mentor
So I want to write a book or start a website called "The Cookie Universe".
It basically explains the way the universe works, but in cookes! (Mmm...cookies...)

Like galaxies are just giant cookies that we all live in. The stars are simply the white chocolate chunks that make the bigger cookie galaxy more tasty and interesting! And not to mention the delicious frosted goodness that are Nebulas. Especially with sprinkles...mmmm...

I havn't gotten all the details down, but I thought it would be kinda funny/fun. What do you guys think?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know if you're joking or not, but I actually think this would be a great idea for a children's book. Especially if we dunk the Cookie Galaxy in the Milky Way Galaxy and eat it later :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! The collision of the two galaxies is now something to look forward to instead of dread!

lol i didn't think of it that way...
but what will you use to symbolize black holes? If you will use something...the cookie monster is already taken and I think not a good symbol anyways. Those machines that turn wood into mulch would be better but maybe too drastic.

The Moon's the North Wind's Cookie by Vachel Lindsay

The Moon's the North Wind's cookie.
He bites it, day by day,
Until there's but a rim of scraps
That crumble all away.

The South Wind is a baker.
He kneads clouds in his den,
And bakes a crisp new moon that . . . greedy
North . . . Wind . . . eats . . . again!

And the black holes are the cookie monsters?? :tongue2:

HeLiXe said:
I don't know if you're joking or not, but I actually think this would be a great idea for a children's book. Especially if we dunk the Cookie Galaxy in the Milky Way Galaxy and eat it later :biggrin:

Drakkith said:
Exactly! The collision of the two galaxies is now something to look forward to instead of dread!

Yes OK, colliding galaxies are all very well but when Sir Patrick Moore does this sort of thing there is this majestic portentious mysterious music! (Holst?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Drakkith said:
So I want to write a book or start a website called "The Cookie Universe".
It basically explains the way the universe works, but in cookes! (Mmm...cookies...)

I havn't gotten all the details down, but I thought it would be kinda funny/fun. What do you guys think?

HeLiXe said:
but I actually think this would be a great idea for a children's book.

I think this is a brilliant idea. Fun and relaxing to do. When I'm learning something (I find) difficult, I try to explain every last detail in it's simplest terms, then think "I could write it as though it was for a child" (then even I could understand it). Given my current learning kick, "Toplogy for Children" may not catch on, (Mmm...doughnuts...), but you sound like you are onto a winner. I've had an ambition to get published since my early teens. Maybe one day. If not, then just for the fun of it.

Thanks for the replies all!

Darn...I thought you were going to tell us what the black holes are going to be. The suspense is killing me!

epenguin said:
Given my current learning kick, "Toplogy for Children" may not catch on,
Wouldn't it be great if it did? :biggrin:

Cookies with sparkles!

Go for it.

What about Lemon Chalet Cremes? Somoas? Thin Mints?

I've depleted my stock of Lemon Chalet Cremes. :grumpy:

HeLiXe said:
epenguin said:
Given my current learning kick, "Toplogy for Children" may not catch on,
Wouldn't it be great if it did? :biggrin:
One simply has to find the right angle. :biggrin:

Good on you! And (maybe) keep the kids up to date -- see some recent suggestions that tie "QM-surface research" with dying stars and dark matter. Three problems, one solution, sort of thing.

Perhaps more real than BHs? And relevant to childish thoughts re life and death?

PS: I can't find it just now, and must run. Just 2c. for now, from a real lolly-monster.

Dark matter is dark chocolate chips.

FtlIsAwesome said:
Dark matter is dark chocolate chips.

Yes!

1. What does it take to write a book?

Writing a book requires dedication, persistence, and a strong passion for storytelling. It also helps to have a solid understanding of the writing process and techniques, as well as a willingness to learn and improve your skills.

2. How do I come up with ideas for a book?

Ideas for a book can come from anywhere – a personal experience, a news article, a dream, or even just a simple observation. The key is to pay attention to the world around you and let your imagination run wild.

3. Do I need to have a specific writing style or format?

There is no one-size-fits-all writing style or format for a book. Every writer has their own unique voice and way of telling a story. Experiment with different styles and find what works best for you and your story.

4. How do I stay motivated throughout the writing process?

Writing a book can be a long and challenging process, so it's important to find ways to stay motivated. Set achievable goals, find a writing routine that works for you, and surround yourself with supportive peers or mentors. Remember why you started writing in the first place and let that drive you.

5. What is the best way to get my book published?

The publishing process can be daunting, but there are a few options to consider. Traditional publishing involves submitting your manuscript to publishing houses, while self-publishing allows you to have more control over the process. Research both options and decide which route best suits your needs and goals as a writer.