Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So ive decided to major in philosophy

1. Jul 12, 2004 #1
    any other people in here majoring in philosophy, and if so, where do you plan to build your career's at? Im going into pre-law so this fits well but if i get attached enough i may just become a philo prof..
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I was considering minoring in philosophy, just because I have already taken four 3-credit courses in my first two years of college, but that was in accordance with my plan to major in physics. It's likely now that I won't be able to transfer as a physics major, so I'll probably have to major in mathematics instead and minor in physics, which probably doesn't leave much room for philosophy. Lord knows what I'll do for a career. Hopefully either R&D or analysis for some large company willing to pay me a lot of money. I have a good background in the biological sciences, so maybe bioengineering. The philosophy classes were mainly for the purposes of honing my logic and critical thinking skills, which I would argue are valuable in any line of work.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?