So many charities to choose from!

Main Question or Discussion Point

Just saw this in the local paper:
Getting people to pray apparently takes a lot of money
Jul. 4, 2005 12:00 AM

The Presidential Prayer Team began with a simple idea: Encourage people to pray for the president daily. In the aftermath of the terrorist attacks of 2001, it was an appealing plea.

...But operating the charity has not been so easy. John Lind, its president, said the challenge is to keep people motivated to pray daily. And sustaining that energy costs money. Lots of it.

...Financial records show the Presidential Prayer Team has been deeply in debt since its inception. Currently, it's in the hole by $531,891
Hmm. What would Christ donate to? Helping the sick, poor, and outcast perhaps?

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2CentsWorth said:
Just saw this in the local paper:
Hmm. What would Christ donate to? Helping the sick, poor, and outcast perhaps?
Jesus had a problem with money and excess wealth. He was definitely anti-materialist.

He would not donate wealth. He would however, expect those with wealth to donate to those who had not.

Otherwise, he would do the work himself, which is precisely what he did and advocated his followers do.

I make these statements based on MY interpretation of passages in the New Testament.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Since Evo's not around I'm going to make the call that this is a religious discussion not appropriate for the forum.