So someone wanna give me a guideline?

In summary, "The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and George Hrabovsky is a popular science book that introduces fundamental theoretical physics concepts such as Lagrangian mechanics and electromagnetism. It is the first book in a series and was published in 2013.
iknowsigularity
I've been into physics for years now but no matter how much a study, i find that i always lack basic knowledge that others seem to have. I was wondering could someone provide me (if possible) with a list of fundamental concepts every physicist should know? i imagine the list might be to long or infinite but any sort of footing would help. This is my first post so please excuse me if it is to general.

Physics news on Phys.org
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Theoretical_Minimum

The Theoretical Minimum: What You Need to Know to Start Doing Physics (ISBN 0-465-02811-X) is a 2013 popular science book by Leonard Susskind and https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=George_Hrabovsky&action=edit&redlink=1 . The book is a mathematical introduction to various theoretical physics concepts, such as Lagrangian mechanics, principle of least action, Poisson brackets, and electromagnetism. It is the first book in a series called The Theoretical Minimum, the second of which is https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Quantum_Mechanics:_The_Theoretical_Minimum&action=edit&redlink=1 .

I am a sustaining contributor to The Wikimedia Foundation

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely be checking it out!

1. What is a guideline?

A guideline is a set of rules or principles that provides direction and guidance for a particular task or situation.

2. Why do I need a guideline?

A guideline can help you stay organized and focused, ensure consistency and accuracy, and save time by providing a clear roadmap for completing a task or project.

3. How do I create a guideline?

To create a guideline, you should first identify the goal or objective of the task or project. Then, determine the steps or actions needed to achieve that goal and organize them in a logical and sequential manner. You may also want to include any relevant policies, procedures, or best practices.

4. Who should use a guideline?

Guidelines can be used by anyone who needs direction and guidance in completing a task or project. They are especially useful for teams or groups working on a shared project, as they can ensure consistency and collaboration.

5. Can guidelines be updated?

Yes, guidelines should be regularly reviewed and updated as needed. As projects and tasks evolve, it may be necessary to modify or add to the guidelines to ensure they remain relevant and effective.