Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So, this girl wants to be my roommate

1. Aug 9, 2013 #1
    Which, I have no problem getting a roommate, but there are a few things that bother me about this situation.

1) I've only hung out with the girl 3 times
    2) We talked about becoming room mates today and she wanted to move in...tomorrow
    3) She hasnt even seen my place (though in all fairness we live in the same complex, but I have a 900sqft apartment and she has a 650sqft with a roommate)
    4) Didnt care to make any agreements on anything before hand.

And to make things worse I haven't even slept with her.

Why cant I meet normal women...Why are they always screwed up and about 5 years older than me...

But

1) She has a stable job with a good income
    2) Generally a nice person/easy to talk to
    3) Seems willing to compromise and meet equally on expenses
    4) Good looking

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2013 #2
    h6A2DE4A0.jpg

But seriously bruv this sounds like a terrible idea. I don't think I need to elaborate or explain myself. You already know that this is a terrible idea yourself. Plus you run the risk of not even getting to sleep with her once...

4. Aug 9, 2013 #3
    But I need the extra 450$ badly per month...

5. Aug 10, 2013 #4
    The screwed up ones are always more exciting and challenging, with an element of suspense.
    The other kind is just plain old boring. ;)

6. Aug 10, 2013 #5

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Flip a coin and let it decide?
    Did she say why she needs to move in so quickly?

7. Aug 10, 2013 #6

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Be careful what you choose. The fact that she has a current roommate leads me to consider two possibilities:
    • Her roommate isn't easy to live with and/or isn't paying bills on time
    • She isn't easy to live with and/or isn't paying bills on time and she has worn out her welcome.
    Perhaps talk to the current roommate and casually ask how things are going on the homefront without mentioning the potential move.

8. Aug 10, 2013 #7
    All kinds of suspense. Like the one you get when you have to go see a GP about that itch a few days later.

9. Aug 10, 2013 #8
    Well I had an interesting evening last night...She called me and showed up somewhat drunk at my place around 2am. With her, came a nice little dog. Anyway...

So first thing she does when she gets into my apartment is introduce me to her dog, then goes into the kitchen. She looks at my medication sitting on my counter and asks "Will any of these get me high?". What the hell? I tell her that they will turn you into a zombie long before you'll get high.

After that she takes one of my chicken wings, without asking me, and feeds it to her dog. I wouldn't have minded if she asked. I probably would have given her a plate full since I made 24. So her and the dog played in my living room for about 20 minutes, which is fine since I love dogs. She took a few more chicken wings, complementing on their flavor, and eating them.

She walks into my minni-office and immediately proclaims that it would make a nice bedroom for her, ignoring the desk, file cabinets, 2 laptops, printer, and my degree which is hanging above my office chair. I immediately told her no.

So later on she walks into my kitchen again and grabs my bottle of whiskey and a third of a Gatorade and mixes them together. You don't mix whiskey and Gatorade... She used probably 6 shots worth of my liquor and poured it all in my classic Sam Adams beer glass my dad got me as a gift.

Shes hanging all over me but I know she's drunk so I make a very strong effort not to sleep with her. And then she pops the question "So, if we are living together should we F***?" This could be a trick question, but I calmly and coolly said "I don't think it will be a problem". She was hesitant, typical woman.

Since her dog likes me so much (which is rare because her dog was abused and normally hates strangers) she wants to see if she will follow me to my bedroom (uh oh! ;) So I walk into my bedroom and sure enough the dog follows me and sleeps near me too. So she jumps on the bed and I am thinking "Hell yeah" but we get talking and she goes on about how she got out of a 7 year relationship and she is looking for a guy who will be in love with her (crap) before she has sex.

I make a good effort to change her opinion, but give up after she goes back to want to try some Seroquel again. It's dangerous to take with alcohol, since it will zombify you at low doses if you aren't used to it. "Ill be fine," she states. Well she took it then left my apartment, but not before she gave me some action.

Weird night. I doubt I'll let her be my roommate because I don't want someone digging through my pills in secret trying to get high off anti psychotics.

10. Aug 10, 2013 #9
    I don't think it's possible to back out this situation fast enough.

11. Aug 10, 2013 #10
    IMO, you've walked into a minefield. Better back out asap, or you better start learning reanimation/CPR techniques and getting yourself a good lawyer... because if something happens to her at your place, guess who her family or friends are gonna come after.

12. Aug 10, 2013 #11

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

There is nothing about that situation that could possibly be good. Even the sex.

13. Aug 10, 2013 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That...

...that...

...and that.

Get this psycho out of your life, pronto.

14. Aug 10, 2013 #13

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't think there is a sentence in the entire english language that could describe this situation better.

15. Aug 10, 2013 #14

reenmachine

Gold Member

Do you like to have someone running your life and taking the decisions for you? Do you like having problems? If the answer to these questions is yes , then by all mean take her as your roommate.

The only fact that you've considered it is concerning.Never underestimate the amount of trouble and danger this kind of woman can bring into your life.

Right away she confuse your space for her space , your food for her food , it's only a matter of time before she considers your money her money , your sex organ her sex organ and your life her life.

This is the kind of woman who could try to cut a hole in a condom in order to get pregnant from you if she feels you're going to leave her.

DO NOT ENTER THIS HELL.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  16. Aug 10, 2013 #15
    But there is still this issue of $450 a month...maybe a psycho is worth it

17. Aug 10, 2013 #16

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yeah, you're right. Go tell her to move in with you immediately then.

18. Aug 10, 2013 #17
    Maybe if I lock all the cabinets an put child safety warnings on my pills she will behave.

In all seriousness though its sad because she could be a nice person if she didn't make dumb decisions.

19. Aug 10, 2013 #18

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yeah, if you're considering putting locks on the cabinets for your roommate, then I think that says enough...

20. Aug 10, 2013 #19
    I was kidding with that last statement. A more viable solution is to wrap her in bubble wrap.

21. Aug 11, 2013 #20
    The trouble with psychos is they don't pay their rent. I'm thinking she considers the bit of "action" you got a deposit. See what I'm saying?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook