Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So whats your favorite tv program?

1. Nov 18, 2003 #1

Gold Member

so whats your favorite tv program?

im into sc fi ,and enjoy programs like the bob ballard under water
    search for antiquities typ shows and cartoons.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2003 #2
    The X-Files (the good stuff)
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy (when it was on)
  4. Nov 19, 2003 #3
    I too like The X-Files and The Simpsons, I also like Keith Olberman and Joe Scarborough (their shows are named after them, if you haven't heard of them before, they are news [shut up Zero, they are too news, your propoganda-conspiracy theories are stupid; BTW Olberman is a liberal]).
  5. Nov 19, 2003 #4
    Arrested Development
    Simpsons (who doesn't watch them?)

60 Minutes

The OC
    7th Heaven
  6. Nov 19, 2003 #5
    Drama(local network)
    Law and Order: Criminal Intent

Globe Trekker

BBC America

Farscape (until things got too wierd)
    Babylon 5

X-Files (earlier seasons)
  7. Nov 19, 2003 #6

Gold Member

what is this NOVA program i keep hearing about?
  8. Nov 19, 2003 #7
    NOVA is a PBS program that deals with science themes. Most of the shows are in documentary format and explore social sciences, astronomy, physics, etc.

Look it up. They show some very interesting and informative stuff.
  9. Nov 19, 2003 #8

Staff Emeritus

Junkyard Wars
    Monster Garage
    Monster House
    Dextor's Lab
    Crank Yankers
    South Park
    Saterday Night Live
    Mad Tv
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  10. Nov 20, 2003 #9
    I don't really have access to that many TV Channels, but here are a few shows I enjoy:

1. The Simpsons
    2. Lonely Planet (when they were showing it)
    3. Junkyard Wars

Recently, I have stopped watching TV, as amazingly enough, every channel has been having terrible reception EXCEPT for MTV, which I simply can't stand watching. I've turned to renting movies and I've decided to catch up on the more memorable movies of the last century (I'm 14). I've just caught Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Lawrence of Arabia, Notorious and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and I thought they were pretty brilliant. Does anyone here share an interest in those kind of movies?

Quite a lot of the boffins I come across dismiss movies as being second to books. I don't really know where I should stand; watching those movies has really been an eye-opening experience for me. Movies convey a lot more emotions, and in a few cases, they are actually quite intellectually stimulating. Of course, books will always be more intellectually satisfying, but they can't convey messages to a universal audience as well as movies can. Well, I guess we need both to survive.
  11. Nov 20, 2003 #10

jimmy p

Gold Member

Ok the most obvious one is 'the simpsons' because as greg said, 'who doesnt watch em?'

I dont really watch that much tv really, Rugby World Cup, and any soccer (dammit FOOTBALL) that is on...And of course because i work in a bookies, lots of horse and dog racing. And i liked Futurama. And i watch John Doe and The Sentinel on Sci-Fi. Also i like watching Farscape and Stargate SG-1. So actually i do watch quite a bit of tv...
  12. Nov 20, 2003 #11
    Loved the X-Files when it was on, occassionally watch reruns
    Law & Order
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?