Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So who is bad

1. Nov 14, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Have you ever had a fight with your conscience? thinking you may be a bit bad, well for sure i have, but from a scale of 1 to 10 i rate myself as may be a 5, only a saint would rate as a 1 or 2, how would you rate your self.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2008 #2
    hmmm thats a hard one. I tend to think of other people before myself. I instinctively try to help people, but I only take bull for so long before I can be a b*#ch. I guess it really depends on the situation. For example, if youre unlucky enough to wake me up from a good sleep you will be unlucky enough to catch a side of me no one should have to see. If youre in trouble though or need someone to help/ talk to I always do my best to be there for people. People who create problems for themselves and complain a lot generally dont get much sympathy from me. Sometimes my instincts say to be nice, but I choose to be truthful even if its going to upset someone simply because I think it fixes more problems than telling people what they want to hear all the time just to make them feel better. Despite all that, a lot of people come to me for advice because they know Im honest. Some people dont because they already know what Im going to say and its not what they want to hear.

My brain often says things like "dont eat that" but I do anyways, or "you should be studying" as I put on my spiked heels and head off to the party. I usually ignore my brain at these moments.

I guess Im with you Wolram in that Id have to rate myself at 4 or 5

4. Nov 14, 2008 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm not.

My name is Bob. Most guys named Bob are nice guys, so I get 2 points for that.

I collect slide rules. Most people that collect slide rules are nice guys, so I get 3 points for that.

My dog is nice. I get at least 1 point for that.

I didn't help an old lady cross the street, so -1 for that. But, I didn't run her over either, so I get .5 points back.

Uh, I'm stuck for much else. I guess 5.5 is okay.

5. Nov 14, 2008 #4
    I'm an 11

6. Nov 14, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm a 5. On average, of course. o:)

7. Nov 14, 2008 #6
    I am a really good person, but I'm no saint.

8. Nov 14, 2008 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My cat thinks I'm a saint.

9. Nov 14, 2008 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

And you're good with binary numbers, as well. :biggrin:

10. Nov 14, 2008 #9

You got it!

There's only 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't.

11. Nov 14, 2008 #10

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who know trinary, those who don't, and those who think I just screwed up a binary joke

12. Nov 15, 2008 #11

wolram

Gold Member

So who is this binary?

13. Nov 15, 2008 #12
    bi = two
    nary = not one

So binary is two-not-one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?