So you think you are beautiful?

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary: yeah when you first sign up you get to use most of the site and after 48 hours of the opposite sex voting (only the people who are 'beautiful people') if the majority votes you in the 2 green areas then your in.
rootX
http://www.beautifulpeople.com

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS90444+26-Oct-2009+PRN20091026 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ahahah...from the article:

Other sites are jungles of hippos and wart hogs. BeautifulPeople is a
wonderful game reserve of leopards and gazelles.

I'm no wildlife biologist, but this doesn't seem like a workable business model :rolleyes:.

I smell a giant bullseye for ugly self conscious hackers.

Hey, we're pretty - don't expect us to figure out load balancing. (or whether or not you're a member).

Dear member,

Today BeautifulPeople.com has launched in 89 countries around the world.
The launch is being extensively covered by the global media.

The huge media coverage is currently generating so much traffic on our servers that we have had to limit some users from using the site.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We're excited to welcome you, so please check back later.

Thanks
The BeautifulPeople Team

seriously : /

imagine that PF start to filter people here...?

We should all join and then vote out all of the "beautiful people' that apply. :devil:

Evo said:
We should all join and then vote out all of the "beautiful people' that apply. :devil:

aren't you going to be the first?:biggrin:

Evo said:

Can we start a website for crazy people? I think that would be fun.

Math Is Hard said:

I thought we were running one?

Math Is Hard said:
In the case of www.beautifulpeople.com, it might be redundant. :tongue2: Perhaps vacuous/narcissistic would be more the case.

I could only imagine the people that sign up there. I can see how it's insulting but, really some people place certain traits higher than others. I personally prefer stuff that you can get stuff out of it. What do
you get out if holding beauty on the highest regards? Ego-centrism.

- You hold strength in high light, you get stronger (to varying degrees)

- You hold Intelligence as the only way, you get smarter (to varying degrees)

..you can keep your beauty.

Well I signed up.
I'M ACCEPTED! I'M BEAUTIFUL! :smile:

So far I can't vote or do certain things because the site seems extremely buggy.

++I've joined because it gets you connections to all the good parties/clubs etc. I'm not really interested in the 'finding a beautiful mate' haha.

Sorry! said:
Well I signed up.

So far I can't vote or do certain things because the site seems extremely buggy.

++I've joined because it gets you connections to all the good parties/clubs etc. I'm not really interested in the 'finding a beautiful mate' haha.

Riiiiight :tongue2:.

Congrats!

Is there a place where you can post things for all the members to read? You should post a physics homework question!

lisab said:
Riiiiight :tongue2:.

Congrats!

Is there a place where you can post things for all the members to read? You should post a physics homework question!

haha.

There's this like shoutbox that everyone can see but I can't write anything on it I keep getting errors :(. I will though it'll be a nice and easy force question :P.

So far after chattin with a few of the ladies on this website I've noticed most of them are complete idiots.

Sorry! said:
Well I signed up.

Oooh, we have a "plant", what are those called?

Evo said:

A "mole."

lisab said:
A "mole."

I'd rather the term 'spy'. :smile:

Sorry! said:
I'd rather the term 'spy'. :smile:

Haha, OK...I agree, it really is a more beautiful term :smile: :wink:.

Sorry! said:
Well I signed up.

I think everyone gets accepted at first, it's the following 48 hours apparently that people will vote for you or against you. At least that's what I gather from reading the article.

Evo said:

Fruit!

lisab said:
Haha, OK...I agree, it really is a more beautiful term :smile: :wink:.

haha that's exactly why i suggested it :smile:.

I think everyone gets accepted at first, it's the following 48 hours apparently that people will vote for you or against you. At least that's what I gather from reading the article.

Yeah when you first sign up you get to use most of the site and after 48 hours of the opposite sex voting (only the people who are 'beautiful people') if the majority votes you in the 2 green areas then your in. If the majority votes you in the red or orange area your out.

Sorry! said:
So far after chattin with a few of the ladies on this website I've noticed most of them are complete idiots.

Oh man, sounds like I need to go find a fake picture to put up there.

I mean... a genuine picture of my handsome self.

lisab said:
ahahah...from the article:

I'm no wildlife biologist, but this doesn't seem like a workable business model :rolleyes:.

:rofl: It might describe the set-ups pretty well, actually. (Meat market.) :rofl:

They finally have taken off my vote status thing. So I get access to all the areas of the site. The rating method is set up somewhat like that old 'hot-or-not' website. Where you they show you a picture you cast your vote and they register it and show you a new picture. If you want you can look at the rest of the persons profile/pictures.

I've noticed after talking to a few people that because there are such a large amount of people to vote on (well over 25 000 and a few days ago it ws up to 60 000) most members have just been click the red 'out' vote until they see someone AMAZINGLY gorgeous. So a lot of people are not getting into the site (definitely more are getting kicked off than being allowed in).

One girl that messaged me told me that she was only 16 and she joined the website because she was mad and wanted to see if she was pretty enough to be able to get in... kind of sad lol.

As well people take it VERY seriously mostly the guys from Brazil. They seem to get really angry when people they don't think are good looking are getting in (even if its the same sex). Which to me seems pretty stupid since most of the guys complaining I wouldn't even classify as 'beautiful' anyways.

Lisa give me a good homework question to put up on the board for them haha. :) Try to make it so that they can think they have the right answer but will give completely wrong answers. :P

In the chats as well people get really upset when they realize they aren't going to get in. One girls advice to her was just to accept that some people were born gorgeous and some weren't, and she just wasn't one of the people born with it so she should live with that or get plastic surgery. Yes the girl giving the advice was very pretty (from sweden haha) but the other girl wasn't 'ugly' I felt so bad for her. She kept coming back and saying she changed her profile picture and asking us if it was better... Ah man.

I registered but no one ever voted me :grumpy:

I guess you have to be an active member to be voted/seen by people.

rootX said:
I registered but no one ever voted me :grumpy:

I guess you have to be an active member to be voted/seen by people.

Nope. You can't really tell at first how people are voting at you until your profile is set up. After that you go to your profile and there's this little power bar looking thing. If the white line is in the green area you're in.

You don't have to be active you don't even have to go on the website and people will still see your profile and rate it. I would post a screenshot of the rating system to show how it works but I don't want phone calls from lawyers. :P

Sorry! said:
Nope. You can't really tell at first how people are voting at you until your profile is set up. After that you go to your profile and there's this little power bar looking thing. If the white line is in the green area you're in.

You don't have to be active you don't even have to go on the website and people will still see your profile and rate it. I would post a screenshot of the rating system to show how it works but I don't want phone calls from lawyers. :P

uhh noo! I am a red guy :cry:

I just had a look at website, apparently all the gorgeous men are from Spain, or are they just the most vain? :rofl:
Pretty pathetic concept, the beautiful elite, but probably a gold mine for the owner of the website :rolleyes:

Wow, that is really sad. In case anyone what's to know.
ALL PEOPLE FROM PF, ARE BEAUTIFUL.

hypatia said:
Wow, that is really sad. In case anyone what's to know.
ALL PEOPLE FROM PF, ARE BEAUTIFUL.

Nope, because I'm the only one that got in. I'm the single most beautiful person on PF and you all must bow down!

hahaha of course everyone is beautiful :smile:

Of course the best joke about sites like that is it will just encourage the age-old practice of posting a photo that isn't really you.

So, once you're in, Sorry!, can you start voting in all the ugly people and vote out the pretty ones? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Of course the best joke about sites like that is it will just encourage the age-old practice of posting a photo that isn't really you.

So, once you're in, Sorry!, can you start voting in all the ugly people and vote out the pretty ones? :biggrin:

I've been doing exactly that ;) haha.

People post photos of like turtles underwater and horses and stuff... haha so i vote all those in. :D

Sorry! said:
I've been doing exactly that ;) haha.

People post photos of like turtles underwater and horses and stuff... haha so i vote all those in. :D
Oooh, Sorry! is our officially beautiful PF mole. :tongue2:

Last edited:
Sorry, are you in the member photo thread?

<h2>1. What is the definition of beauty?</h2><p>Beauty is a subjective concept that varies from person to person. It can refer to physical appearance, personality traits, or a combination of both.</p><h2>2. How can I determine if I am beautiful?</h2><p>There is no one answer to this question as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, focusing on your positive qualities and practicing self-love and acceptance can help you feel beautiful.</p><h2>3. Is beauty important in society?</h2><p>While beauty standards and perceptions may vary across different cultures and societies, it is generally considered important in our society. However, it is important to recognize that true beauty goes beyond physical appearance.</p><h2>4. Can someone be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside?</h2><p>Yes, beauty is not just about physical appearance. Someone can possess inner beauty through their personality, values, and actions, even if they do not fit societal standards of physical beauty.</p><h2>5. How can I improve my physical appearance to be considered beautiful?</h2><p>Enhancing your physical appearance, whether through makeup, fashion, or fitness, can help boost your confidence and make you feel beautiful. However, it is important to remember that true beauty comes from within and cannot be solely defined by external factors.</p>

1. What is the definition of beauty?

Beauty is a subjective concept that varies from person to person. It can refer to physical appearance, personality traits, or a combination of both.

2. How can I determine if I am beautiful?

There is no one answer to this question as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, focusing on your positive qualities and practicing self-love and acceptance can help you feel beautiful.

3. Is beauty important in society?

While beauty standards and perceptions may vary across different cultures and societies, it is generally considered important in our society. However, it is important to recognize that true beauty goes beyond physical appearance.

4. Can someone be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside?

Yes, beauty is not just about physical appearance. Someone can possess inner beauty through their personality, values, and actions, even if they do not fit societal standards of physical beauty.

5. How can I improve my physical appearance to be considered beautiful?

Enhancing your physical appearance, whether through makeup, fashion, or fitness, can help boost your confidence and make you feel beautiful. However, it is important to remember that true beauty comes from within and cannot be solely defined by external factors.