Soda Constructor in JS

Attachments

Answers and Replies

Thanks for sharing this.

There are also some cool programs at Processing.org that do similar kinds of things in Java, Python and Javascript.

I love that thing. I rewrote it in C++ a long time ago. I implemented a genetic algorithm for all of the springs and lengths and stuff so it evolved a super fast runner.

I love that thing. I rewrote it in C++ a long time ago. I implemented a genetic algorithm for all of the springs and lengths and stuff so it evolved a super fast runner.
Cool! GA - that was the idea of original author of Soda as well. Did you capture some videos of these evolutions? Was it hard to control? It's extremely interesting to me :)

Cool! GA - that was the idea of original author of Soda as well. Did you capture some videos of these evolutions? Was it hard to control? It's extremely interesting to me :)
No unfortunately, I didn't. I remember I used the "Dainty Walker" as a base, and evolved from that. I remember that the front legs got shorter and the bag legs got bigger and more powerful. I just let it walk across a randomized terrain and bred the 50% that got the furthest.

An interesting variation would be to develop an app that simulated the Interstellar robot TARS' gait.

No unfortunately, I didn't. I remember I used the "Dainty Walker" as a base, and evolved from that. I remember that the front legs got shorter and the bag legs got bigger and more powerful. I just let it walk across a randomized terrain and bred the 50% that got the furthest.
it sounds similar to this app