Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Softly softly with the cops

1. Feb 14, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Just because i told one to bog off he nearly arrested me, he was accusing me of speeding at a ridiculous speed 65 in a 40 limit, hells bells i hardly do that on the motorways my aged vehicle would probably explode its engine, the cheeky so and so even accused me of being aggressive which i was not, i only refuted his lies.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2008 #2
    Too bad he didnt arrest you. When I was going 60 in a 30 mph zone, I said "why hellooo officer can I get you any doughnuts?' He gave me 1 point and 60 bucks fine. He could have given me wreckless driving. He was on the side walk with his motorcycle and radar gun, so I couldnt see him at all until he walked into the middle of the road and told me to pull over.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  4. Feb 14, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

He said he (clocked) me at 65mph, this is between two roundabouts (less) than a quarter of a mile apart, i guess i could get to 65 if i screamed the guts out of my car but i did not.

5. Feb 14, 2008 #4
    I guess well take it a little bit slower next time Mr. wolram, wont we?

6. Feb 14, 2008 #5
  7. Feb 14, 2008 #6
    I'd be looking for kids to shove down if I was a big burly cop made to wear hot pants and move around in a glorified golf cart all day while trying to maintain a presence of the law too. Joking aside, the kid was somewhat disrespectful, but that cop completely misjudged what were just a bunch of dumb kids that don't understand how to speak formally. I roll my eyes that they were ignorant of no skating: It sounds exactly like the stuff I used to make up as a kid.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  8. Feb 15, 2008 #7

wolram

Gold Member

To be sure Cyrus you would convict the virgin Mary of street walking.

9. Feb 15, 2008 #8
    Sir, if your going to get attitude with me, im going to have to take you downtown.

10. Feb 15, 2008 #9

wolram

Gold Member

11. Feb 15, 2008 #10

Danger

Gold Member

Well, she certainly was no virgin, and they didn't have streets in those days, so....

12. Feb 15, 2008 #11
    Guilty by default?

13. Feb 15, 2008 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Heck you are way older than i thought.

14. Feb 15, 2008 #13

Danger

Gold Member

But still a mere child by your standards. At least I don't have to scrape the dinosaur **** off of the clay tablet to display my birth certificate. :tongue:

15. Feb 15, 2008 #14

wolram

Gold Member

But surly no one can be younger than me and look so much older. LOL

16. Feb 15, 2008 #15

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm... lessee about that. I've seen your picture in the Member Photo thread, and you've seen the picture of my brother who is over 80 years old (which I posted as my own).
    It was actually a bit amusing, in the midst of the sadness at my youngest brother's funeral last year, that W met my oldest brother and said '****, there are two of you?!

17. Feb 15, 2008 #16

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Welcome to the world of police corruption. On tuesday I collapsed in my lab and started puking and shaking uncontrollably. I called 911, and when police came with the paramedics they tried to arrest me for running a meth lab simply because I work in a pharmaceutical lab. I probably would have died if the paramedic didn't tell the cop to "f*** off" and slam the ambulance door in the cop's face. 2 days in hospital and I'm fine again, all thanks to a paramedic who cared enough to put a cop in his place.

Grrr!! Cops!!!

18. Feb 15, 2008 #17

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Glad to hear you've recovered...sounds scary.

19. Feb 15, 2008 #18

Danger

Gold Member

Jeez, Shawn... that totally sucks. I'm glad to hear that you're okay.
    Please, though, don't paint all police officers with the same brush. As with any other career, you'll always find a few *******s mixed in with a bunch of really good people. There will always be school guidance counsellors who molests students, priests who molest alter boys, dentists who molest patients under anesthesia, cops who do whatever they want because they have guns... Most police, like most dentists and priests, are really good people. The bad ones just stand out because of the position of power.

By the way, I thought that you had disappeared. W and I were in 'Chuck a couple of weeks ago. I PM'd Scorpa to meet for a drink, but she wisely fled the city before we got there. If I'd known that you were still around, I would have invited you as well. Next time.

20. Feb 15, 2008 #19
    You were lucky. Some aren't.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1203031330

Description of what happened below the video.

21. Feb 15, 2008 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Geeze Shawn, that sounds serious. Are you going to be ok?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?