Police Corruption and False Accusations: A Personal Account

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I just got a ticket for going 10mph over the speed limit. I didn't even know I was going that fast because I was driving in a construction zone. I never go over the speed limit, and I was really mad that I got a ticket.In summary, the cop was being an ass and the paramedic put him in his place.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Just because i told one to bog off he nearly arrested me, he was accusing me of speeding at a ridiculous speed 65 in a 40 limit, hells bells i hardly do that on the motorways my aged vehicle would probably explode its engine, the cheeky so and so even accused me of being aggressive which i was not, i only refuted his lies.

Physics news on Phys.org
Too bad he didnt arrest you. When I was going 60 in a 30 mph zone, I said "why hellooo officer can I get you any doughnuts?' He gave me 1 point and 60 bucks fine. He could have given me wreckless driving. He was on the side walk with his motorcycle and radar gun, so I couldn't see him at all until he walked into the middle of the road and told me to pull over.

Last edited:
He said he (clocked) me at 65mph, this is between two roundabouts (less) than a quarter of a mile apart, i guess i could get to 65 if i screamed the guts out of my car but i did not.

I guess well take it a little bit slower next time Mr. wolram, won't we?

Poop-Loops said:

I'd be looking for kids to shove down if I was a big burly cop made to wear hot pants and move around in a glorified golf cart all day while trying to maintain a presence of the law too. Joking aside, the kid was somewhat disrespectful, but that cop completely misjudged what were just a bunch of dumb kids that don't understand how to speak formally. I roll my eyes that they were ignorant of no skating: It sounds exactly like the stuff I used to make up as a kid.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:
I guess well take it a little bit slower next time Mr. wolram, won't we?

To be sure Cyrus you would convict the virgin Mary of street walking.

wolram said:

Sir, if your going to get attitude with me, I am going to have to take you downtown.

wolram said:

Well, she certainly was no virgin, and they didn't have streets in those days, so...

Guilty by default?

Danger said:
Well, she certainly was no virgin, and they didn't have streets in those days, so...

Heck you are way older than i thought.

wolram said:
Heck you are way older than i thought.

But still a mere child by your standards. At least I don't have to scrape the dinosaur **** off of the clay tablet to display my birth certificate. :tongue:

Danger said:
But still a mere child by your standards. At least I don't have to scrape the dinosaur **** off of the clay tablet to display my birth certificate. :tongue:

But surly no one can be younger than me and look so much older. LOL

Hmmm... lessee about that. I've seen your picture in the Member Photo thread, and you've seen the picture of my brother who is over 80 years old (which I posted as my own).
It was actually a bit amusing, in the midst of the sadness at my youngest brother's funeral last year, that W met my oldest brother and said '****, there are two of you?!

wolram said:
Just because i told one to bog off he nearly arrested me, he was accusing me of speeding at a ridiculous speed 65 in a 40 limit, hells bells i hardly do that on the motorways my aged vehicle would probably explode its engine, the cheeky so and so even accused me of being aggressive which i was not, i only refuted his lies.

Welcome to the world of police corruption. On tuesday I collapsed in my lab and started puking and shaking uncontrollably. I called 911, and when police came with the paramedics they tried to arrest me for running a meth lab simply because I work in a pharmaceutical lab. I probably would have died if the paramedic didn't tell the cop to "f*** off" and slam the ambulance door in the cop's face. 2 days in hospital and I'm fine again, all thanks to a paramedic who cared enough to put a cop in his place.

Grrr! Cops!

ShawnD said:
Welcome to the world of police corruption. On tuesday I collapsed in my lab and started puking and shaking uncontrollably. I called 911, and when police came with the paramedics they tried to arrest me for running a meth lab simply because I work in a pharmaceutical lab. I probably would have died if the paramedic didn't tell the cop to "f*** off" and slam the ambulance door in the cop's face. 2 days in hospital and I'm fine again, all thanks to a paramedic who cared enough to put a cop in his place.

Grrr! Cops!

Glad to hear you've recovered...sounds scary.

Jeez, Shawn... that totally sucks. I'm glad to hear that you're okay.
Please, though, don't paint all police officers with the same brush. As with any other career, you'll always find a few *******s mixed in with a bunch of really good people. There will always be school guidance counsellors who molests students, priests who molest alter boys, dentists who molest patients under anesthesia, cops who do whatever they want because they have guns... Most police, like most dentists and priests, are really good people. The bad ones just stand out because of the position of power.

By the way, I thought that you had disappeared. W and I were in 'Chuck a couple of weeks ago. I PM'd Scorpa to meet for a drink, but she wisely fled the city before we got there. If I'd known that you were still around, I would have invited you as well. Next time.

ShawnD said:

Grrr! Cops!

You were lucky. Some aren't.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1203031330

Description of what happened below the video.

ShawnD said:
Welcome to the world of police corruption. On tuesday I collapsed in my lab and started puking and shaking uncontrollably.
Geeze Shawn, that sounds serious. Are you going to be ok?

1. What does the phrase "softly softly with the cops" mean?

The phrase "softly softly with the cops" means to approach or handle law enforcement officers with caution and gentleness.

2. Why is it important to be gentle with the police?

Being gentle with the police is important because it can help de-escalate tense situations and prevent unnecessary use of force. It also shows respect for the authority and responsibility of law enforcement officers.

3. How can being gentle with the police impact a situation?

Being gentle with the police can help to build trust and cooperation between the officers and the public. It can also help to prevent misunderstandings and reduce the likelihood of violence.

4. What are some examples of being "softly softly" with the police?

Examples of being "softly softly" with the police include remaining calm and respectful during interactions, following instructions and commands, and avoiding aggressive or confrontational behavior.

5. Is it always necessary to be gentle with the police?

While it is generally recommended to be gentle with the police, there may be situations where it is necessary to use force in self-defense or to protect others. It is important to always follow the law and use good judgement in any interaction with law enforcement officers.