1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Software engineering books for beginners

1. Sep 25, 2012 #1
    My last attempt at getting some career guidance was not quite successful but i am sure this thread will actually have replies!!!

I am about to start my masters in information technology which mostly deals with software engineering, so i was just wondering if i can get ahead of my studies by taking some help from some books or tutorials(preferably being online and free:biggrin:) that can help me learn this subject quickly so i can find a job easily...,because of the fact that i am complete beginner to this field i am not sure if i should study independently along with what the university is teaching me or just simply skip the independent studies and go with the university so i need some honest advice for that as well.

I am also posting a link to the course outline of the programme so users can see whether the material will be enough or i will have to do some work on my own as well to establish a firm grasp on the subject.

http://www.pucit.edu.pk/index.php/academics/academic-programs/msc-it

I will be looking forward to a quick reply:smile:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted