1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solar panels

1. Apr 23, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I don't know if this is a physics problem per se but its from physics class. So we were supposed to pick out a solar panel and figure out what is the cost per unit of energy for this form of solar energy? I know where supposed to use the data sheet for the panel that we chose and the cost of the panel. HEre is the data sheet http://www.solarpanelsaustralia.com.au/downloads/bpsolar_bp4175.pdf
    I just don't know where to start or even how i would figure this out. THanks

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2014 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

Judson, check the date before replying, I doubt sasuke07 is still hanging out for the answer ;)

4. Oct 26, 2014 #3

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I suggest you start your own thread, providing current data. Include any info on subsidies etc.
    A key question is how much of the output will you get to use (or do you have battery storage?).
    If you want the LCOE then you also need to think about an appropriate discount rate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted