What Does Our Solar System Rotate Around?

In summary, our solar system rotates around the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. Our galaxy, in turn, moves around according to the gravity of (primarily) our local group of galaxies, of which Andromeda is the primary contributor. Our local group also has some motion with respect to other clusters of galaxies, and is also moving in a certain direction with respect to the Cosmic Microwave Background. The exact details of this motion can be found by researching the CMB Dipole, which is roughly 600 km/s. The link provided may be helpful in understanding the rotation of our solar system.
chuckset
I know that the Earth rotates around the sun, but what does our solar system rotate around?

P.S. I'm a noob when it comes to anything related to astronomy, sorry.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Our solar system rotates around the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. Our galaxy, in turn, moves around according to the gravity of (primarily) our local group of galaxies, of which Andromeda is the primary contributor (not exactly an orbit, more like we're plunging together). Beyond that, I'm sure our local group has some motion with respect to other clusters of galaxies, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Cheers!

Go to You Tube search for "Monty Python Universe Song" that gives all the information you need.

Nabeshin said:
Our solar system rotates around the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. Our galaxy, in turn, moves around according to the gravity of (primarily) our local group of galaxies, of which Andromeda is the primary contributor (not exactly an orbit, more like we're plunging together). Beyond that, I'm sure our local group has some motion with respect to other clusters of galaxies, but I don't know the specifics of it.

Cheers!

Latest data indicates the Milky Way is heavier than M31 (the Andromeda Galaxy), but it's very hard to measure.

Our local group is also moving in a certain direction with respect to the Cosmic Microwave Background, producing what's called the CMB Dipole. Look it up for exact details of direction and speed, but it's roughly ~600 km/s I think.

1. What is the center of our solar system?

The center of our solar system is the Sun, a giant star located in the middle of the solar system.

2. Does the solar system rotate around the Sun?

Yes, the solar system rotates around the Sun due to the Sun's massive gravitational pull on all the planets and other objects within the solar system.

3. Are all the planets in our solar system rotating around the same axis?

No, each planet in our solar system has its own axis of rotation, which may be tilted at different angles compared to the others.

4. How long does it take for our solar system to complete one rotation around the Sun?

It takes approximately 225-250 million years for our solar system to complete one rotation around the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

5. Is the rotation of our solar system constant or does it change?

The rotation of our solar system is relatively constant, although there are some variations and fluctuations caused by the gravitational pull of other objects within the galaxy.