Calculating Electrical Parameters of Solenoid Coil for Spring Force

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of electrical parameters for a solenoid coil in a valve, specifically the required voltage, number of turns of coil winding, and current needed for a given spring force. The participants also mention using a formula and provide a link to a Wikipedia page for more information.
smpotdar
I want to calculate the electrical parameters of solenoid coil of a valve for a given spring force.
I know the force required to pull the solenoid plunger through a given distance against a spring, is there any formula to find out the required voltage, number of turns of coil winding & current .

Engineering news on Phys.org
smpotdar said:
I want to calculate the electrical parameters of solenoid coil of a valve for a given spring force.
I know the force required to pull the solenoid plunger through a given distance against a spring, is there any formula to find out the required voltage, number of turns of coil winding & current .

The wikipedia page is a good place to start, and you can follow the links at the bottom of the page for more detailed info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solenoid

Welcome to the PF, BTW.

i need a formale to built a solenoid.

danie said:
i need a formale to built a solenoid.

Well then click on the 3-year-old link in the post above yours. The link still works...

1. How do you calculate the spring force of a solenoid coil?

In order to calculate the spring force of a solenoid coil, you will need to know the number of turns in the coil, the current flowing through the coil, and the magnetic field strength. Using these values, you can use the equation F = N * I * B, where F is the spring force, N is the number of turns, I is the current, and B is the magnetic field strength.

2. What is the relationship between the spring force and the number of turns in a solenoid coil?

The spring force of a solenoid coil is directly proportional to the number of turns in the coil. This means that as the number of turns increases, the spring force will also increase.

3. How does the current flowing through a solenoid coil affect the spring force?

The current flowing through a solenoid coil has a direct effect on the spring force. As the current increases, the magnetic field strength also increases, resulting in a higher spring force.

4. What is the magnetic field strength of a solenoid coil?

The magnetic field strength of a solenoid coil is a measure of the strength of the magnetic field created by the coil. It is determined by factors such as the number of turns in the coil, the current flowing through it, and the material of the core.

5. Can you calculate the spring force of a solenoid coil without knowing the magnetic field strength?

No, it is not possible to calculate the spring force of a solenoid coil without knowing the magnetic field strength. This value is a crucial component in the equation for determining spring force and must be known in order to accurately calculate it.