1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solid-state area in EE

1. Jun 15, 2006 #1
    Anyone in here work in the solid-state area of EE? What do people that focus on solid-state do after they graduate? Is the job market okay? I am thinking about focusing on the solid-state area of EE for my MS/PHD. Any help would great.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2006 #2
    From what I gather from my solid state classes. Many electrical engineers become "fab rats" or quality control engineers. They make sure that the lab is running smoothly and that the products met the specs. I'm sure with an advance degree you get to work on more challenging problems.
  4. Jun 16, 2006 #3
    you shouldn't go for a phd just because of the job/money opportunites after graduation. thats a recipie for disaster.
  5. Jun 16, 2006 #4
    I'm not doing MS/PHD for job/money. I just want to know what people do in this field for everyday work so I can have a better understanding before I pursue a more advanced degree.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?