1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solid State Physics Book (Desperation)

1. May 12, 2013 #1
    I am currently using the "Introduction to Solid State Physics" by Kittel for an independent study in the course and my preparation for final tomorrow. I find this book to be an absolutely incomprehensible garbage. There is very little organization, let alone any kind of logical flow. It is more of a reference to people who already have a perfect understanding than a textbook.

Could someone point to any book that is actually descent and is possible to learn from? I have tried Ashcroft and it wasnt the answer either for similar reasons. "Fundamentals of Solid State Physics" by Christman is actually quite alright, but a terribly chosen notation and overabundance of errors and misprints make it a poor choice as well.

P.S. I posted a similar query a couple years ago asking for an alternative to Griffiths QM. One of the posters here recommended Zettili's book. The latter turned out to be amazing. Is there anything similar on Solid State Physics?

Help, please.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted