Solution of this non-linear equation

• Thread starter eljose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Non-linear
In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of meditation and how it can improve mental health. It also touched on the differences between mindfulness and meditation, with mindfulness being a more active practice. The importance of finding a meditation style that works for each individual was emphasized.
eljose
i,m stuck into solving this differential equation:

[tex]\frac{dy}{dx}f(y)=1 [/tex] i,m trying to find an integrand factor but don,t know what to chose to solve it someone could help?..thanks...

EDIT:i,m interested in getting y=y(x) not x=x(y)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Let F(y) be an anti-derivative of f(y), i.e F'(y)=f(y).
Hence, it follows that:

F(y)=x+C, where C is an integration constant.

Locally, F should be invertible, i.e, you could in principle solve for y(x)

errr...have you considered whether it's separable?

1. What is a non-linear equation?

A non-linear equation is an equation in which the highest degree of the variable is greater than 1. This means that the variable is raised to a power, such as x², x³, etc. Non-linear equations do not follow a straight line on a graph and have more complex solutions compared to linear equations.

2. How do you solve a non-linear equation?

The most common method for solving non-linear equations is by using algebraic techniques, such as factoring, completing the square, or using the quadratic formula. However, some non-linear equations may require more advanced methods, such as graphing or using numerical methods like Newton's method.

3. What is the importance of solving non-linear equations?

Non-linear equations are used to model a wide range of real-world problems, such as in physics, engineering, economics, and many other fields. Solving these equations allows us to find the values of variables that satisfy the given conditions and provide solutions to these problems.

4. Can all non-linear equations be solved?

No, not all non-linear equations have analytical solutions. This means that some equations cannot be solved using algebraic methods and may require numerical or graphical approaches. Additionally, some equations may have multiple solutions or no solution at all.

5. How can I check if my solution is correct for a non-linear equation?

To check if a solution is correct, you can plug in the values of the variables into the original equation and see if it satisfies the equation. Another way is to graph the equation and see if the solution point lies on the curve. If the solution does not satisfy the equation or does not lie on the curve, then it is not a valid solution.