1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solution to Griffiths introduction to EM problem 2.26

1. Sep 19, 2004 #1
    Hi, there,

Could you please show me the solution to Griffiths Introduction to Electrodynamics, problem 2.26? The integral is so complicated. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2004 #2

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cool! We're using the same textbook. Yeah, my next assignment will probably have problems from that section as well, since we're covering chapter 2 in the lectures right now. But, no one's going to do your hw for you. Show what you've got so far, and they'll help you out with corrections/point you in the right direction.

4. Sep 19, 2004 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might need to post the problem, since many you could help you may not have that text.

5. Sep 19, 2004 #4
    The problem is

A conical surface (an empty ice-cream cone) carries a uniform surface charge <sigma>. The height of the cone is h, and the radius of the top is R. Find the potential difference between points a(the vertex) and b (the center of the top)

Thanks a lot.

6. Sep 20, 2004 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It could be worse!

I remember one post that said, in it's entirety, "What's the solution to the fourth problem on today's homework."

And another "What chapters will tomorrows test cover?"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?